Windows Presentation Foundation

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

lunalupus

Windows Presentation Foundation

Unread post by lunalupus » 2015-03-10, 19:48

Hi, I try to keep plug-ins to a minimum. Would changing WPF to 'never activate' cause any problems?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Windows Presentation Foundation

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-10, 19:50

You normally don't need WPF, at all. Even so, if you might somehow need it you can enable plug-ins "on the fly"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

lunalupus

Unread post by lunalupus » 2015-03-10, 19:57

Moonchild wrote:You normally don't need WPF, at all. Even so, if you might somehow need it you can enable plug-ins "on the fly"
As I thought, Moonchild. Thanks for your reply.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-10-12, 04:33

Hey there, I recently got the WPF plugin somehow in Pale Moon while transferring over my profile off my older Dell Latitude D430 x32, Vista SP2? Why is that, I mean yes I have Firefox installed on both (currently this one, not the other), the only difference is I'm using a company owned laptop (Latitude D630) on guest account with Vista SP2 x32.

So whats on on here? And.... How do I remove it?
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

superA

Unread post by superA » 2015-10-12, 17:24

If you don't want it installed, type about:plugins and you will find there the path where you'll searh for it and remove it.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-10-12, 18:30

superA wrote:If you don't want it installed, type about:plugins and you will find there the path where you'll searh for it and remove it.
Tried that and nothing. Pretty sure I'll have to contact one of my bosses and ask if he can remove it as I'm on a guest account.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Joel Cairo

Unread post by Joel Cairo » 2015-10-12, 23:21

LimboSlam wrote:
superA wrote:If you don't want it installed, type about:plugins and you will find there the path where you'll searh for it and remove it.
Tried that and nothing. Pretty sure I'll have to contact one of my bosses and ask if he can remove it as I'm on a guest account.
Well, yes. It's part of DotNetFramework 3.5, specifically C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation. You wouldn't be able to remove it from a Guest account. There was an update that merely enabled the plug-in to be disabled, though not actually removed. Though if an administrator deletes it, a DotNetFramework 3.5 update will appear in WU to put the plug-in back, but if it's never applied, it stays gone.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-10-13, 04:26

Ok, I just decided to disable it and figured it ain't hurting much.

Thanks for the info though.