Adobe Reader Plugin question

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Channel 2012

Adobe Reader Plugin question

Unread post by Channel 2012 » 2015-03-06, 22:03

I've always been pretty happy with the PDFJS reader in Pale Moon for basic PDF reading, but it does lack some functionality, including competent printing and the ability to fill in forms and save the modified document. The other day, I was using Internet Explorer and opened a PDF document and realized that there is an actual browser plugin for Adobe Reader. Is there any way for me to enable the real Adobe Reader Plugin in Pale Moon in place of PDFJS? I looked in the plugins tab under my Addons manager and cannot even see the plugin at all on there.

Thanks.

lyceus

Re: Adobe Reader Plugin question

Unread post by lyceus » 2015-03-09, 02:22

Hello!

You only need to install the adobe acrobat PDF client from Adobe.com. At install time it scans all browsers you have, and place the common libraries needed. You need to close Pale Moon before install Adobe Acrobat. After install all PDF will be opened by acrobat instead the PDF.js.

Greetings,
Lobocursor

Channel 2012

Sour

Unread post by Channel 2012 » 2015-03-09, 13:28

lobocursor wrote:Hello!

You only need to install the adobe acrobat PDF client from Adobe.com. At install time it scans all browsers you have, and place the common libraries needed. You need to close Pale Moon before install Adobe Acrobat. After install all PDF will be opened by acrobat instead the PDF.js.

Greetings,
Lobocursor
I'll have to try uninstalling it and installing it again. Maybe something went sour during the original installation.

Channel 2012

Clean install, no-go

Unread post by Channel 2012 » 2016-01-18, 22:11

Gave it a shot and it still doesn't show up on the list of plugins. Any ideas on how to get it working?

megaman

Re: Clean install, no-go

Unread post by megaman » 2016-01-19, 00:22

Channel 2012 wrote:Gave it a shot and it still doesn't show up on the list of plugins. Any ideas on how to get it working?
Lobocursor thought you were running Palemoon X86, but you seem to be running the X64 version, then.
There is no support for the X64 from Adobe, you must install NitroPDF, SumatraPDF, or PDF-XChange. You can also go to the X86 version of Palemoon to see it.

Channel 2012

I see

Unread post by Channel 2012 » 2016-01-19, 17:52

megaman wrote:
Channel 2012 wrote:Gave it a shot and it still doesn't show up on the list of plugins. Any ideas on how to get it working?
Lobocursor thought you were running Palemoon X86, but you seem to be running the X64 version, then.
There is no support for the X64 from Adobe, you must install NitroPDF, SumatraPDF, or PDF-XChange. You can also go to the X86 version of Palemoon to see it.
Ah, that explains it. At least we have closure.