Up-to-date Flashplayer marked as old and vulnerable?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Makitk

Up-to-date Flashplayer marked as old and vulnerable?

Unread post by Makitk » 2015-02-16, 22:26

I've seen a bunch of topics like this come by, so I would like to try and bundle them all up in one general topic.

Right now, my Flashplayer is up-to-date, but still gets marked as outdated and vulnerable, and hence gets disabled by Pale Moon.
When checking with the Mozilla plugincheck it shows as being up-to-date.
When trying to update it, the Adobe Flashplayer site tells me it is the most up-to-date version as well.

If you are experiencing this issue as well, please note the version of your Flashplayer plugin as mentioned in the Add-ons Manager -> Plugins.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Up-to-date Flashplayer marked as old and vulnerable?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-02-16, 22:35

The previous topics were a problem because on linux, specifically, the version check was/is messed up (displaying commas instead of periods).

Today, I updated the on-line blocklist with the latest information from Adobe to block vulnerable versions (based on a similar update pushed by Mozilla), which should display probler vulnerable versions.

Note that the plugincheck page is not always up to date or current. (and out of my control)

Which version are you using on which operating system?

Current vulnerable versions:
Latest: Adobe Flash Player 16.0.0.296 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
ESR: Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.264 and earlier 13.x versions (blocked up to and including dev build 268). Current safe ESR version is 13.0.0.269
All previous ESR versions on Windows/Mac (10.*, 11.7.*)
Linux (currently still check-disabled in Pale Moon): 11.2.202.441 and earlier versions
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Makitk

Re: Up-to-date Flashplayer marked as old and vulnerable?

Unread post by Makitk » 2015-02-17, 00:39

Moonchild wrote:Which version are you using on which operating system?
Oh, right, I forgot to actually put that information in my own post, lol. Asking others to put it in theirs and forgetting my own. :thumbdown:

Yeah, it's 16.0.0.305 that "stuttered" on Windows 7.
It gave me the same warning as 16.0.0.296 from which I updated just today. I think it may have been because Pale Moon was running when I updated flash. No more warnings since closing and re-opening Pale Moon.

I still think combining the Flash vulnerability topics into a single topic is a good idea.