Pale Moon portable with flash but without flash installation

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Flashnoob

Pale Moon portable with flash but without flash installation

Unread post by Flashnoob » 2021-01-27, 12:04

Hello all,

sorry for my bad english!

I need a portable browser that can still do Adobe flash. I got everything working with Pale Moon and I'm totally happy to be able to use my applications online again.

But, I don't want to install an old version of flash on Windows. It works, but I don't want to do that.

Is there any way to bypass the Adobe installation and use the Pale Moon Portable differently with Flash?
If so, how? :-)

If the question has already been asked, please link - my English really isn't the best!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Pale Moon portable with flash but without flash installation

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-01-27, 14:29

Using an older flash is your only option.the last version contained a timebomb code.Plus flash content will whither away bit by bit although that may be years into the future when it all disappears.

Another option for you if you wish to go the non plugin route is to use the flash standalone player/projector which will happily play swf files just fine locally on your computer but seeing as your using windows this comes with a caveat as microsoft may/may not block the flash player via an update.

I use puppy linux and it is a static non autoupdating system and unfortunately version 11 of the standalone player is the last version which adobe produced for linux but it runs just fine. :thumbup:
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1