Problems with the Shockwave Flash plugin

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

newbie3

Problems with the Shockwave Flash plugin

Unread post by newbie3 » 2013-05-23, 10:36

After the Pale Moon's update to version 20.0.1., I receive from time to time notifications that the Shockwave Flash plugin has been busy or has stopped working (the title of the message is "Warning: Unresponsive plugin"). I've updated the plugin to its latest version and the problem remains. When I get such notification, with one "refresh" of the web page, everything works fine, but it's not a pleasant experience.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Problems with the Shockwave Flash plugin

Unread post by Night Wing » 2013-05-23, 14:48

The latest Flash update, ending in 202, I've been having problems with the Flash plugin in Windows when using Pale Moon and Firefox. In my opinion, it's an Adobe problem (as usual). Adobe has been having problems with their Flash updates for at least a year. Sometimes a version is good and then Adobe will update to a newer version and sometimes the newer version is a bad one.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

lyceus

Re: Problems with the Shockwave Flash plugin

Unread post by lyceus » 2013-05-25, 04:28

newbie3 wrote:After the Pale Moon's update to version 20.0.1., I receive from time to time notifications that the Shockwave Flash plugin has been busy or has stopped working (the title of the message is "Warning: Unresponsive plugin"). I've updated the plugin to its latest version and the problem remains. When I get such notification, with one "refresh" of the web page, everything works fine, but it's not a pleasant experience.
This is a common issue, for not steal links from other post go here: http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2552

Then uninstall and fresh install the plugin. Also as flash developer I know that this message means that the computer cannot run at enough speed the movie flv or swf code/animation and then yells this error. Free up memory and see if this helps in those sites.