Windows media player frustrations

General discussion and compatibility support about browser plug-ins.
(e.g. Adobe Flash, Java plugin, authentication plugins, Unity)

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

denim

Windows media player frustrations

Post by denim » 2011-10-13, 23:03

Thank you for making a great browser. I am very pleased with it, if i only gould get the PLUGINS to work. Im currently at 7.0 64 bit version.

Flash works and java works. But i need media player to work too.

And I can not find the plugin folder. Ive looked in all the obious places. This is a norwegian windows but file structure corresponds to c:\program files\pale moon\ ... no plugins folder there.. tried to create one to put the dll files in, but no luck..

Also looked in c:\users\<myusername>\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\ ... but nothing there either.

So... i really need this plugin to work, but i have noe clue now where to put the dll files.

HELP!

megaman
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Windows media player frustrations

Post by megaman » 2011-10-13, 23:28

denim wrote:Thank you for making a great browser. I am very pleased with it, if i only gould get the PLUGINS to work. Im currently at 7.0 64 bit version.

Flash works and java works. But i need media player to work too.

And I can not find the plugin folder. Ive looked in all the obious places. This is a norwegian windows but file structure corresponds to c:\program files\pale moon\ ... no plugins folder there.. tried to create one to put the dll files in, but no luck..

Also looked in c:\users\<myusername>\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\ ... but nothing there either.

So... i really need this plugin to work, but i have noe clue now where to put the dll files.

HELP!
I came across that same problem.

You can make the folder called "plugins" and you install the 3rd Party Media Player plugin. The required file will go to C:\PFiles\Plugins and you just put it in the plugin folder, since it can't detect Firefox.

Edit: I didn't read your "tried to create one to put the dll files in, but no luck..." I guess I have to install the 64-bit and see for myself. I'll keep you posted, after I have time to. Or if someone else can gladly do this, that would be better.
Curiosity leads to a world of experiments.

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Post by satrow » 2011-10-14, 00:08

I have tried to install this extension in PMx64 several times, it just doesn't work nor do I expect that to change any time soon, this plugin is from 2007 and MS don't appear to want to rework it for Mozilla-based x64 browsers.

The media plugins are the biggest drawback with using an x64 browser still.

megaman
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Post by megaman » 2011-10-14, 00:21

cymroly wrote:I have tried to install this extension in PMx64 several times, it just doesn't work nor do I expect that to change any time soon, this plugin is from 2007 and MS don't appear to want to rework it for Mozilla-based x64 browsers.

The media plugins are the biggest drawback with using an x64 browser still.
It's true that many plugins don't work for the 64, that's why I reverted to the 32-bit, so answered explained.
Curiosity leads to a world of experiments.

denim

Post by denim » 2011-10-14, 00:45

ahhh.. ok now i get it.. they work in 32 bit.. So looks like im using it then until things develop, its still alot faster than firefox. Tanx for the help guys!