Flash problems

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

rmwinslow
New to the forum
New to the forum

Flash problems

Unread post by rmwinslow » 2018-08-17, 21:19

I am seeing a major performance delay on at least one flash game. http://www.tynon.com/index.php. There seems to be a big slowdown in reaction time from when you click something and an action occurs. I am also seeing screen artifacts when switching screens in the game as well as between tabs. Sometimes screens don't immediately load completely and you will see a blank space at the bottom of the window. I am running the latest version of windows 10 64 bit, flash player just updated yesterday, so it should be current. An older Intel i3 3.3 gig processor with 8 gigs of ram, and only on board graphics. Just upgraded to latest Pale Moon yesterday and noticed this problem immediately. It is not completely unusable it is certainly much slower performance than before the upgrade. I love Pale Moon. It is the default browser on all of my pc's. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

rmwinslow
New to the forum
New to the forum

Re: Flash problems

Unread post by rmwinslow » 2018-08-21, 15:25

Update to my original post. Turning off "Flash Protected Mode" on the plugins screen seems to fix most of my issues. Performance is back to normal but screen drawing still doesn't complete when moving between tabs, but mousing over the areas seems to fix that. I haven't researched Flash Protected Mode yet to see how much danger I am in :think:
Last edited by rmwinslow on 2018-08-21, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Flash problems

Unread post by therube » 2018-08-21, 18:21

Theoretically...

If enabled & Flash crashes, Flash crashes.
If disabled, & Flash crashes, your browser crashes.