Plugins

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

MargaretM

Plugins

Unread post by MargaretM » 2018-02-06, 10:02

Hello

I realise this might be a daft question but why don't plugins have a remove option like add ons? :?

I have a Java thing in my plugin list that has been greyed out by Pale Moon. I am quite happy about this as I had already told it never to activate as I do not know what it is.
It seems to have always been there. I bought this laptop as a refurb years ago and when I installed Pale Moon it showed up in the plugin list. I have been meaning to ask this question since then. I would just like to get rid of it.

Cheers Margaret

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Plugins

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-02-06, 10:16

Plugins are installed on your system, not through the browser.
The only way to "remove" plugins is to uninstall the connected program from your system.

If a plugin is disabled, for the browser's operation, it will be exactly the same-as not having it installed in the first place because the components (.dlls) will not be loaded. It will only be a list entry in the add-on manager and nothing else.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-02-06, 10:36

First thing i removed from my linux system was the java runtime plugin as its known to cause instability in browsers plus its a attack vector for exploits.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2018-02-12, 05:28

Moonraker wrote:First thing i removed from my linux system was the java runtime plugin as its known to cause instability in browsers plus its a attack vector for exploits.
Off-topic:
OBJECTION! Please keep in topic. We are talking about why some plugins are grey-out from base install. We all know that Java is no safe but some sites still demand it.