"Cookie Masters" is broken as hell

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Katie Boundary

"Cookie Masters" is broken as hell

Unread post by Katie Boundary » 2018-02-03, 03:24

Like i said in another thread. Cookie Masters has a tendency to make my whole computer extremely unstable for as long as I have Pale Moon open. More recently, it has started causing other unwanted behavior, such as spontaneously disabling my wifi adapter at random times. I don't even understand how a browser plugin can do that.

Is there a way I can contact riiis about these problems?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: "Cookie Masters" is broken as hell

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-02-03, 03:29

Send him a private message (link in the upper right hand corner, next to Notifications). BTW, this is not a plug-in, it's an extension, so this is posted in the wrong board.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2018-02-03, 04:00

Katie Boundary wrote:I don't even understand how a browser plugin can do that.
It can't. But to fix anyway, find Cookie Masters in Add-ons Manager. Click the "Remove" button.

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2018-02-03, 06:35

Katie Boundary wrote:More recently, it has started causing other unwanted behavior, such as spontaneously disabling my wifi adapter at random times. I don't even understand how a browser plugin can do that.
Why would your wifi get disabled??? Sounds like a malware...

tooshorttoolong
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tooshorttoolong » 2018-02-03, 10:42

It does sound extremely unlikely that a browser addon can cause these issues. Maybe a problem with your power supply?

Katie Boundary

Unread post by Katie Boundary » 2018-02-03, 15:42

helloimustbegoing wrote:BTW, this is not a plug-in, it's an extension, so this is posted in the wrong board.
What's the difference?
riiis wrote:to fix anyway, find Cookie Masters in Add-ons Manager. Click the "Remove" button.
Oh, hey! I didn't realize that you were a member of these forums. I guess this thread saves me the trouble of trying to contact you directly.

I had already taken the liberty of removing CM by the time I posted this thread. However, this leaves me back at square one regarding my cookie situation. I'd strongly prefer that the stability issues with CM be fixed.
tooshorttoolong wrote:It does sound extremely unlikely that a browser addon can cause these issues. Maybe a problem with your power supply?
Not likely. The problems started right after I installed CM, and haven't happened since I removed it.
Last edited by Katie Boundary on 2018-02-03, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

JustOff
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-02-03, 16:09

Katie Boundary wrote:The problems started right after I installed CM, and haven't happened since I removed it.
Maybe your browser is just allergic to vanilla ice cream? ;)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-02-03, 16:18

Considering that, according to Katie, I "should be deposed as a project leader and replaced", because "I've lost sight of the goals of the Pale Moon project", I think this whole thing now definitely is a case that requires one to call a Wambulance.

We're done here. TY and have a great weekend.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite