"Cookie Masters" is broken as hell

General discussion and compatibility support about browser plug-ins.
(e.g. Adobe Flash, Java plugin, authentication plugins, Unity)

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Katie Boundary
Banned user
Banned user

"Cookie Masters" is broken as hell

Post by Katie Boundary » 2018-02-03, 03:24

Like i said in another thread. Cookie Masters has a tendency to make my whole computer extremely unstable for as long as I have Pale Moon open. More recently, it has started causing other unwanted behavior, such as spontaneously disabling my wifi adapter at random times. I don't even understand how a browser plugin can do that.

Is there a way I can contact riiis about these problems?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: "Cookie Masters" is broken as hell

Post by ron_1 » 2018-02-03, 03:29

Send him a private message (link in the upper right hand corner, next to Notifications). BTW, this is not a plug-in, it's an extension, so this is posted in the wrong board.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by riiis » 2018-02-03, 04:00

Katie Boundary wrote:I don't even understand how a browser plugin can do that.
It can't. But to fix anyway, find Cookie Masters in Add-ons Manager. Click the "Remove" button.

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by RJARRRPCGP » 2018-02-03, 06:35

Katie Boundary wrote:More recently, it has started causing other unwanted behavior, such as spontaneously disabling my wifi adapter at random times. I don't even understand how a browser plugin can do that.
Why would your wifi get disabled??? Sounds like a malware...

tooshorttoolong
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tooshorttoolong » 2018-02-03, 10:42

It does sound extremely unlikely that a browser addon can cause these issues. Maybe a problem with your power supply?

Katie Boundary
Banned user
Banned user

Post by Katie Boundary » 2018-02-03, 15:42

helloimustbegoing wrote:BTW, this is not a plug-in, it's an extension, so this is posted in the wrong board.
What's the difference?
riiis wrote:to fix anyway, find Cookie Masters in Add-ons Manager. Click the "Remove" button.
Oh, hey! I didn't realize that you were a member of these forums. I guess this thread saves me the trouble of trying to contact you directly.

I had already taken the liberty of removing CM by the time I posted this thread. However, this leaves me back at square one regarding my cookie situation. I'd strongly prefer that the stability issues with CM be fixed.
tooshorttoolong wrote:It does sound extremely unlikely that a browser addon can cause these issues. Maybe a problem with your power supply?
Not likely. The problems started right after I installed CM, and haven't happened since I removed it.
Last edited by Katie Boundary on 2018-02-03, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

JustOff
Localization Coordinator
Localization Coordinator

Post by JustOff » 2018-02-03, 16:09

Katie Boundary wrote:The problems started right after I installed CM, and haven't happened since I removed it.
Maybe your browser is just allergic to vanilla ice cream? ;)
Here are the add-ons I made in a spare time. That was fun!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2018-02-03, 16:18

Considering that, according to Katie, I "should be deposed as a project leader and replaced", because "I've lost sight of the goals of the Pale Moon project", I think this whole thing now definitely is a case that requires one to call a Wambulance.

We're done here. TY and have a great weekend.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose