Can't login to Amazon account Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

rmalcolm

Can't login to Amazon account

Unread post by rmalcolm » 2017-11-06, 17:16

Recently, PM will not allow me to login to my Amazon account. PM instantly shuts down and I get an error message "plugin container has stopped working". I am running PM Version: 27.5.1 (32-bit) and have recently updated Flash. Youtube works fine and I can login to the Amazon account from several other browsers. Any suggestions?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Can't login to Amazon account

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-06, 21:29

I'm having no issue with logging into Amazon (I've recently done some business with them).
If you're having issues with the latest update of Flash crashing and taking the browser down with it (and Amazon for some reason uses Flash on their login page...?) then I'd suggest a few things to try:
  1. Go to Add-Ons in the browser, category "plugins", click the "Options" button in the Flash plugin entry, and deselect the option "Enable Flash protected mode". Restart the browser to make sure the plugin state is properly refreshed, and try logging in again.
  2. If that doesn't help, set the Flash plugin to "Ask to activate" -- hidden instances of Flash will no longer automatically run in that case, and I don't think Amazon actually needs Flash for anything in their login procedure.
  3. If that still doesn't work or you don't like having to manually activate flash on web pages, you can try rolling back to the previous version of Flash.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

extra_D_string
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: Can't login to Amazon account

Unread post by extra_D_string » 2018-03-06, 21:51

No trouble signing in to amazon.

SYSTEM:
Laptop computer, 32bit
Pale Moon 27.8.0
Flash Player plugin, 28.0.0.161 current version
Windows Vista