Unity Web Player

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unity Web Player

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-30, 00:39

Since Unity has apparently taken it upon themselves to completely remove any Unity Web Player downloads from their website (the link is still there but it just redirects to their Unity dev package to CREATE Unity content instead of playing it), here's a link to the latest installer package for the NPAPI plugin for Pale Moon, Basilisk and other web browsers that have not removed NPAPI support:

32-bit, plugin only (1MiB): http://rm-eu.palemoon.org/tools/UnityWebPlayer-5.3.8.34535.exe
32-bit full player package (6.9MiB): http://rm-eu.palemoon.org/tools/UnityWebPlayerFull32-5.3.8.exe
64-bit full player package (7.8MiB): http://rm-eu.palemoon.org/tools/UnityWebPlayerFull64-5.3.8.exe
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

adisib
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Unity Web Player

Unread post by adisib » 2017-09-30, 03:22

Do you also have a link for the the 64-bit version?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-30, 03:34

Updated the post with the full player packages for 32-bit and 64-bit that I was able to find after their sweep.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

JoeBruno

Unread post by JoeBruno » 2017-11-09, 17:03

Can anyone verify this is working in PaleMoon 27.6? One of the things that really brought me over to using Pale Moon is that the Unity Web Player was still working - but something happened in the last couple of versions that has broken this for me. Admittedly, I haven't tried using it (Unity plugin) in a couple of months, but now I get an error when I try to run one of my web demos.

Here is a link to a very quick-loading test: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/unit ... hTest.html

... and here is the error I get in PaleMoon 27.6:
Capture.JPG
This link works in Internet Explorer (once I installed the Unity Player for IE)

Any verification/help on how to solve this would be appreciated :)

Joe

win7-7
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by win7-7 » 2017-11-13, 07:51

Can't reproduce problem. Above link works fine using Unity Web Player in Pale Moon 27.6

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-13, 08:03

The unity test works just fine (even in click-to-play mode that i use for Unity). Also, it looks like the download link you encountered is severely outdated, wanting to download a 3.* development version; also, that wouldn't really work since Unity has removed their web players from their servers (the whole point of this thread to begin with).

JoeBruno

Unread post by JoeBruno » 2017-11-16, 04:09

So, just on a whim, I tested the Unity WebPlayer link on my secondary system (64-bit versions of PaleMoon and the Unity Web Player) - and I got the same error. Not too surprising.

So I downloaded the 32-bit version of PaleMoon and the WebPlayer installer, installed them both - and retried the link. The player worked in the 32-bit version of PaleMoon. Then, with the 32-bit version of PM running, I launched the 64-bit version of PaleMoon (26.7.1) and the Unity webplayer link was working (where it wasn't before installing 32-bit versions of PM and Unity). However, when I tried another Unity link in the 64-bit version of PM, it threw the typical error - and so did the 32-bit version.

So, then I tried a number of other links and had about a 50% success rate - as long as the demos seemed pretty simplistic the would load. Bizarre.

I get the feeling there is some kind of a registry/caching issue ... but I haven't the foggiest idea where to look. Oh well - it's not critical - just a PITA that Unity stopped supporting the web player ... WebGL is not ready for Prime Time IMO - and it certainly can't take the place of the WebPlayer.

Dashofpepper

Unread post by Dashofpepper » 2018-02-06, 17:01

Moonchild wrote:The unity test works just fine (even in click-to-play mode that i use for Unity). Also, it looks like the download link you encountered is severely outdated, wanting to download a 3.* development version; also, that wouldn't really work since Unity has removed their web players from their servers (the whole point of this thread to begin with).
Hello!

I switched to Pale Moon because it is the only remaining browser that flash and unity based games still reliably play in. Pale Moon is recommended in forums at Armour Games, Kongregate and others - and the troubleshooting given to people trying to play any of the tens of thousands of games in those ecospheres starts with "Are you using Pale Moon?"

That said, since I install the February 1st patch, I can no longer use Unity - I get a "Failed to update Unity Web Player" with error text that a newer version is available. I tried the 32B version at the top of this thread as a last-ditch hope, but that didn't work either.

Is there a way to revert to the last build before 27.7.2 and lock out updates?

nikola_ss
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by nikola_ss » 2018-02-07, 05:48

Dashofpepper wrote:
Is there a way to revert to the last build before 27.7.2 and lock out updates?
ftp://palemoon:get@archive.palemoon.org/

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-02-07, 11:18

Keep in mind you loose all expectations for support if you do not stay updated.

win7-7
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by win7-7 » 2018-02-07, 15:37

I still can't reproduce problem. Test works fine without problems in 27.7.2 and Unity Web Player games also work.
Last edited by win7-7 on 2018-02-07, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-02-07, 20:11

A user came into the IRC channel the other day and had an issue with unity.. Apparently, reinstalling the plugin can help.. Remove it and reinstall the Unity plugin.