Stop Youtube autoplay Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Nixo88

Stop Youtube autoplay

Unread post by Nixo88 » 2017-09-02, 22:24

Hi! I been searchin for an addon that works or don't are compatible with Pale moon. Any sugestion please?

(Sorry for my English)

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Stop Youtube autoplay

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-09-03, 00:04

You could go into about:config and set these two preferences to false:

media.autoplay.enabled
media.autoplay.allowscripted

But that will stop autoplay for all sites, not just YouTube.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

joe04

Unread post by joe04 » 2017-09-03, 00:17

If what you're asking about Youtube's definition of "autoplay" -- meaning automatically play the next video, then block this script in uBO or ABP:

Code: Select all

watch_autoplayrenderer.js

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2017-09-03, 01:27

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2017-09-03, 10:25

JustOff
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-09-03, 10:38

Unfortunately, since latest player update, YouTube Lazy Load not always prevents autoplay. You can track this issue here.
Tomaso wrote:YouTube High Definition
This does not help either. YouTube Control Center and YouTube No Buffer also have the same problem in both Firefox and Chrome.

I suffer very much from this problem myself :cry:

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2017-09-03, 11:34

JustOff wrote:
Tomaso wrote:YouTube High Definition
This does not help either.
That's strange, cuz it works just fine for me!
Setting the "YouTube Video Auto Play Behavior" to "Auto Pause" effectively prevents YouTube videos from auto playing.
Also, unchecking the "Suggested video will auto play next" prevents new videos from loading after playback has finnished.
Perhaps when testing, you had a similar extension installed, and they somehow conflicted with each other?

JustOff
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-09-03, 11:49

Tomaso wrote:Setting the "YouTube Video Auto Play Behavior" to "Auto Pause" effectively prevents YouTube videos from auto playing.
Actually it is not stop of autoplay, playback is starting and then pausing. This does not prevent data preload and a few second of audio are heard. There was no such problem before player update.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2017-09-03, 12:04

JustOff wrote:Actually it is not stop of autoplay, playback is starting and then pausing. This does not prevent data preload and a few second of audio are heard.
I can confirm that the video buffer loads, but at my end there's no actual playback whatsoever.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-09-03, 12:54

YouTube+ (aka Particle) - autoplay fix is coming soon, as mentioned here.

JustOff
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-09-03, 13:06

back2themoon wrote:YouTube+ (aka Particle) - autoplay fix is coming soon, as mentioned here.
Thanks, I've subscribed to the topic!

MoonWabbit

Unread post by MoonWabbit » 2017-09-25, 06:22

Hello,
This is my first post to the Pale Moon forums.
I am glad I found this thread, as I finally registered to the forums to create a thread about YouTube High Definition being broken with the latest Pale Moon update. Well, perhaps I should say broken for me, as of today. A great nuisance and general bother, as I have to stop whatever I'm doing, check for updates (I found many updates for YT HD, none of which were compatible with the latest version of PM), then spend hours doing searches and dredging forum posts so I can hopefully find a way to return things to 'normal'. If I sound cranky about the situation, it's because I'm an old fuddy-duddy. :)
Of course, there is always the chance that after a re-boot, everything will be fine again, or that all I have to do is open the settings for YT HD and change them, then change them back, and everything will be alright again, These sorts of solutions have worked in the past. It defies logic, but there you are...

I just wanted to say that I am happy to find that others here have the same concerns, and that the problem is already being worked on. My apologies if this post does nothing to advance the conversation or is disruptive in any way, but I did not find this post until after I had taken the time to register and create an account here, so I didn't want to waste my time doing so by remaining silent.
I would also like to say thank you very much to JustOff for making the YT Lazy Load Add-on, which helps alot. I did see your post about it not always working, but some is better than none.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Moonchild and the team for creating the Pale Moon browser. I was lucky enough to find it a few years ago when Firefox began updating and changing features every other week without posting a changelog or letting users know what new features were being implemented and how they worked. I was having none of that, and so I switched to Pale Moon (which I'm very happy with) and never looked back.

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2017-09-25, 09:20

You Tube also has it's own on/off autoplay slider (blue) at the top of 'up next' video column.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2017-09-25, 15:46

MoonWabbit wrote:I finally registered to the forums to create a thread about YouTube High Definition being broken with the latest Pale Moon update.
It doesn't have anything to do with the latest Pale Moon update.
As pointed out by JustOff here, Baris Derin's extensions actually comes with a built-in time limit:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16737&p=122213#p122255

btw; I've sent you a personal message.

tooshorttoolong
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tooshorttoolong » 2017-09-28, 15:01

I was blocking JS with uMatrix to prevent youtube from auto-starting videos, but today after updating to Pale Moon 27.5.0 it’s not working anymore (the youtube page is completely blank if I block JS). I have the Youtube Lazy Load 1.0.3 addon installed but it’s not blocking videos. So I installed Greasemoney for Pale Moon and Viewtube and now videos do not auto-play anymore! The only issue is that it seems that the videos are still loaded in the background, for nothing, and I can hear half a second of the audio too.

sdrubble

Unread post by sdrubble » 2017-10-01, 22:27

I've been away from using YT on a browser for a few days (maybe couple weeks), and upon returning I noticed that 'Youtube Lazy Load' was NOT fulfilling its purpose reliably.

I've followed most of the links in this thread, and ended up installing an old favorite from my FF days : YouTube+ 1.9.2 . I used its userscript edition, under 'GreaseMonkey for Pale Moon' 3.12.1beta12 and PM 27.5.0. It should be noticed that this configuration is explicitly unsupported by author (same link above), however it works correctly on my computer.

I can vouch for its 'Stop YT autoplay' capabilities, as well as for its multiple switches for enhancing and customizing the user experience when in YT. There's one caveat, however, the importance of which will depend on how beefy or recent your computer is: the thing is HEAVY.

I use a 2012 AMD quad-core laptop with 4Gb RAM and Win 7. When the script is active it slows down my overall browsing speed by a significant margin. I haven't tested it without any YT tabs open, so I can't report on its eventual impact when YT is not being used (I disabled the script as soon as I was done u-tubing).

I would suggest that any one interested check it out - it won't cause any ill effects, other than possibly slowing things down while it's being used. And while doing so, of course pls remember to disable whatever other extensions / scripts you might be using for YT, for they will surely conflict.

Just my 2cents ...

Cheers