Adblock Latitude 4.0.1

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

DrTeeth

Adblock Latitude 4.0.1

Unread post by DrTeeth » 2017-06-26, 22:29

In spite of disabling this plug-in on a couple of sites, the sites still report that ad blocking is active.

These sites are http://markslab.tk/project-artemis/ and http://www.dxmaps.com/spots/mapg.php?. The icon is grey and the site reports that I have an active adblocker in operation.

Is this an issue with the plug-in or the site?

Many thanks

DrTeeth

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Adblock Latitude 4.0.1

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-06-26, 22:49

I just whitelisted those two sites in ABL and and don't see any notices about adblockers. Is your adblocker the only script/content blocker your use (eg, do you also use NoScript)? They all need to be off.

Try a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) - also refresh your cookies for those sites.

DrTeeth

Unread post by DrTeeth » 2017-06-27, 09:05

Hi,

Disabling uBlock Origin sorted the issue.

Many thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-28, 01:04

It's not recommended to have multiple ad blockers installed at the same time. They tend to have very bad interoperability and it can cause all sorts of colorful issues.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

DrTeeth

Unread post by DrTeeth » 2017-06-28, 16:32

Thank you Moonchild, I will bear that in mind.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-08-01, 23:26

coffeebreak wrote:I just whitelisted those two sites in ABL and and don't see any notices about adblockers. Is your adblocker the only script/content blocker your use (eg, do you also use NoScript)? They all need to be off.
Why do you advise to turn off NoScript? I am using that extension, along with uBlock Origin, and the Anti-Adblock Killer userscript (with Greasemonkey). In fact, most likely it is the NoScript that is keeping the warning from appearing, so it seems that among all of them, NoScript is the one to enable at the site in question.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-08-02, 03:40

I think you've misread that post you quoted, just a bit.

OP's complaint was that he had whitelisted certain sites in ABL, yet those sites continued to see an adblocker as active.
Whitelisting had not produced the expected result.

So I suggested that he check whether he had any other blockers in use and make sure to turn them ALL off.
That was the point of the post. NoScript was simply given as an example of an additional blocker.