Can't play Flash

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Can't play Flash

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-04-30, 08:42

Yes - I know!
I use BBC Weather and it tells me to install Flash. The latest version is installed, on by default.
Now, trying vanilla Firefox 52.1 esr works on the site. I updated Cyberfox with cookies and bookmarks from Pale Moon then used that profile in Firefox - no Flash.
Starting in Safe mode still won't work, so I assume that it's something to do with the profile - any ideas please?
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Can't play Flash

Unread post by Tomaso » 2017-04-30, 16:47

I gave it a try with Pale Moon, and I can confirm that there's a problem with the Flash videos @ bbc.com/weather.
After changing the User Agent Mode, it works though ('Tools' > 'Options' > 'Advanced' > 'General' > 'Compatibility' > 'User Agent Mode').
Funny thing is that when changing back to "Firefox Compatibility" mode, it STILL works, even after deleting the cache!
Go figure..

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Can't play Flash

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-05-01, 06:51

Well, due to another slight problem - my keyboards had gone AWOL (2 of them, each tried as PS2 or USB) I ended up doing a Win 7 'Upgrade' and now PM will play that site.
The other 2 browsers still won't, so I might try changing the UA just out of interest.
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.