WebAutoType Plugin for KeePass

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

thx1200

WebAutoType Plugin for KeePass

Unread post by thx1200 » 2017-04-06, 14:34

I'm looking for a better KeePass experience in Pale Moon. KeeFox only works with an old version that isn't so great at detecting forms on a lot of modern websites. So I found WebAutoType which looks like something I'd really like -- especially since it supports a lot of browsers. It uses accessibility features of Windows to read URLs and perform it's functions, so it operates outside the normal plugin space by browsers. However, I came to find that it explicitly doesn't support Pale Moon because PM has accessibility features disabled. I'm wondering if this is still true now on the latest builds or if there is an advanced settings about:config thing that enables what WebAutoType needs to work?

From the README:

Pale Moon (and similar FireFox variants) have Accessibility deliberately disabled in an attempt
to improve performance. Therefore WebAutoType can not read the URL from them, and will not work
at all. It is not possible for WebAutoType to support browsers which do not expose accessibility
information.

dark_moon

Re: WebAutoType Plugin for KeePass

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-04-07, 09:05

As workaround you can type in the text field (in browser) and then press autotype button in keepass

thx1200

Re: WebAutoType Plugin for KeePass

Unread post by thx1200 » 2017-04-10, 14:05

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. You mean just use the KeePass autotype feature? I was hoping for a bit more of an integrated solution with less chance of a password being sent to the wrong page / field.