Video - toggle fullscreen

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

skrble

Video - toggle fullscreen

Unread post by skrble » 2016-09-14, 18:08

2.4.6.1, W7
If I toggle online video into fullscreen mode, ie. youtube, screen goes blank, video freezes for a second or two and then continues. If I try the same thing in other browsers, there is no such a problem. This happens with online videos on all internet websites. I think it didn't happen in previous versions, however, I am not 100% sure about that. I have the latest version of Flashplayer installed. Thank you for response

dark_moon

Re: Video - toggle fullscreen

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-09-15, 21:30

Welcome to the forum!

If you click on enlarge or fullscreen then youtube give you a higher resolution and that need a video reload.
In that time it looks like a freeze/ pause but thats normal.

All okay :)

skrble

Unread post by skrble » 2016-09-21, 20:53

Hey,
we don't unterfotunately talk about the same thing. I made a sample :)

http://sendvid.com/2k7vtgxd?secret=40265eb9-292e-4f14-8f01-9451d4bb8add

Edit: I've really haven't found any single site, where this problem wouldn't occur...

skrble

Unread post by skrble » 2016-09-28, 23:19

Version 2.5.0 still occurs.
edit: 26.5.0
Last edited by skrble on 2016-10-02, 01:13, edited 1 time in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-09-29, 00:26

skrble wrote:Version 2.5.0 still occurs.
:? Did you mean 26.5.0? :think: ;)
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

skrble

Unread post by skrble » 2016-10-02, 01:44

I found reason: if I turn off hardware acceleration (right mouse button click on the video > settings), problem is gone. However, video performance after that is sooo poor, that it isn't real solution.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-10-02, 03:19

skrble wrote:I found reason: if I turn off hardware acceleration (right mouse button click on the video > settings), problem is gone. However, video performance after that is sooo poor, that it isn't real solution.
I have hardware acceleration off as well, but videos seem to generally play okay for me.
Can you please post an example URL?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

skrble

Unread post by skrble » 2016-10-02, 22:46

As I said, it happens with every flash video so far, such as https://youtu.be/A8a6kHQN9BA

I found next piece of the puzzle: I play some random video (youtube) > switch to some other panel > go back to the youtube panel > video is playing just as it should. But when I play some video and toggle it fullscreen > then back to small original size > then I go to some other panel > and back to the youtube panel > video freezes completely (sometimes you have to do this procedure several times, until it freezes).