Yet Another Issue

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

twistedvincent

Yet Another Issue

Unread post by twistedvincent » 2016-08-29, 15:05

Last night this started. Two different reasons for the failure(s) by committing entities.

"Flash Player Plugin between 11.0 and 11.7.700.169 (click-to-play) has been blocked for your protection" It doesn't update nor can I remove it.
Oh Fuck, this isn't the start of some serious bullshit is it?

How do I forcibly remove an angry, damaged Shockwave 19 plugin I have NO IDEA since it started last night and it's kind of debiliating when I have to work to do

Thank You

CraigPD
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Yet Another Issue

Unread post by CraigPD » 2016-08-29, 16:07

First step: try deleting blocklist.xml from your PM profile directory (with the browser closed), restart and let it regenerate (could be immediate or several hours). In the meantime you might not experience that problem. When the blocklist file is updated, if that was the cause, it shouldn't return and you'll be able to delete or update the plugin if it was corrupted.

twistedvincent

Unread post by twistedvincent » 2016-08-29, 23:18

OK, now if I only knew where the profile folder was in windows 10. I cant seem to find it.

Thanks

CraigPD
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by CraigPD » 2016-08-29, 23:34

It can can be found this way on any OS (Windows, Linux, etc) -
Go to Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory or Profile Folder (Show Folder or Open Directory button).