SumatraPDF

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Tallpaultn

SumatraPDF

Unread post by Tallpaultn » 2012-08-18, 18:23

I use Adobe Reader for PDF's, but decided to give SumatraPDF a trial run since it's much smaller & might serve my needs adequately. SumatraPDF installs a plug-in in Pale Moon; however rather than showing 'plugin up to date', it says 'Research'.
I clicked research & checked out the links, but have been unable to determine exactly why it says 'Research' rather than 'plug-in up to date'. Any ideas and/or suggestions? :?

megaman

Re: SumatraPDF

Unread post by megaman » 2012-08-18, 18:34

Tallpaultn wrote:I use Adobe Reader for PDF's, but decided to give SumatraPDF a trial run since it's much smaller & might serve my needs adequately. SumatraPDF installs a plug-in in Pale Moon; however rather than showing 'plugin up to date', it says 'Research'.
I clicked research & checked out the links, but have been unable to determine exactly why it says 'Research' rather than 'plug-in up to date'. Any ideas and/or suggestions? :?
It will update when you update the program, so do not sweat it.
I use Foxit Reader as my PDF, but we all have our preferences.

stravinsky

Unread post by stravinsky » 2012-08-19, 04:06

Foxit is good. Light and fast.

Tallpaultn

Unread post by Tallpaultn » 2012-08-19, 04:17

I'm familiar with Foxit Reader & have used it in the past...

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-08-19, 04:33

Tallpaultn wrote:I use Adobe Reader for PDF's, but decided to give SumatraPDF a trial run since it's much smaller & might serve my needs adequately. SumatraPDF installs a plug-in in Pale Moon; however rather than showing 'plugin up to date', it says 'Research'.
Picasa, Blackberry Manager and IETab always say "Please reseach" on plugins, I just think that they do not give info back to Mozilla about the last release. Maybe is a bad planning, lack of people involved on that task... really who knows. Just keep your plugins up to date. ;)

As for PDF if you need almost all the functionality of Adobe Acrobat Pro without pay the price, add LibreOffice to the mix. In LO you can print to PDF and add passwords and other digital protection that are not found in Foxit and Sumatra (at least the last time I checked it, last Jan).

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-08-19, 04:35

Tallpaultn wrote:I'm familiar with Foxit Reader & have used it in the past...
Yes, but the idea is to try to give you advice based on your preference, so you are free to try Foxit or keep using Sumatra, just use something that is comfortable to your needs. :)