Guerilla Scripting Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Guerilla Scripting

Unread post by ketmar » 2018-06-01, 09:35

scripts are checked at each page load, and reloaded if their disk change time is greater than cached change time. at least this is what written in the code, and this is how it works for me.

as for example -- it is assumed that GS users are used opera userscripts or GM scripts before, so they know how to proceed. that is, better documentation is always good, but... sorry, i'm soooooo lazy. ;-)

also, i didn't tested GS in current dev PM version. mine is 27.9.0 on GNU/Linux, and i don't have to restart PM to get new scripts. you can turn on debug logging and check what is going on in error console -- GS is quite wordy about what it is doing in debug mode. if it can't detect on-disk script change, it either means that your editor didn't updated file change time propely, or we hit a bug in PM. if you can narrow it down to one of the cases, it will be good, and we'll see what we can do with that.

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2018-06-03, 12:25

upd: GS now works with current PM v28 alpha.

wickedsp1d3r
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by wickedsp1d3r » 2018-08-18, 07:04

Installed v28.0.0 yesterday under Linux and it seems like my scripts are not activating anymore.
Are there others with similar problems? How could I debug?

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2018-08-18, 07:08

it is very strange. i am still on v28 beta, though, maybe something was changed in final. i'll install v28 final later.

as for debugging, you can activate debug logs in addon preferences, and GM should be very wordy.

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2018-08-21, 21:31

sorry, GS is officially end-of-life'd. as any other my projects for Pale Moon: i am not working with/supporting projects that adopts CoC.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-08-21, 22:03

ketmar wrote:sorry, GS is officially end-of-life'd. as any other my projects for Pale Moon: i am not working with/supporting projects that adopts CoC.

Where do you see that Pale Moon adopted this?

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2018-08-21, 22:09

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-08-21, 22:20

ketmar wrote:this commit.

Ah, I see.

Ketmar, I can only speak for myself but please know, you will be missed.

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2018-08-21, 22:27

thank you for your kind words. it matters for me alot.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-08-22, 16:33

Be aware that our Code of Conduct is not a verbatim copy of the contributor-covenant one. I didn't agree with that either.
But considering it's CC-attribution licensed and our CoC is adapted from it, credit is due.

But ultimately, it's your choice. If you can't agree with common sense rules and demanding of some level of courtesy, common sense and empathy, then you likely would not endure in our community anyway. I do hope you'll take the time to read through the text and reconsider, but if your personal convictions stand in your way even after that, then I'll just thank you kindly for what you've done for us and wish you all the best.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2018-08-22, 16:41

tbh, i have alot to say about any coc out there, regardless of its wording, but it will inevitably turn into useless flamefest. i am not going to say that you necessarily did something wrong, just the whole thing conflicts with my core values. not the wording of it, but the mere fact that coc appeared.

but anyway, thank you (and the rest of the team) for your hard work. long live Pale Moon! ;-) i'll do a last maintenance release of GS later, and i am in no way will stop using PM, or stop lurking at forums. ;-)
Last edited by ketmar on 2018-08-22, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-08-22, 17:01

ketmar.. There are a lot of things some people may not like.. But if I can make an effort to "to not be a military commander when dealing with volunteers" and say please.. Then you can become ok with that code of conduct.. Really, I don't see how it changes much if anything.. Except me lol.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-08-22, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-08-22, 17:07

Fair enough.

Please understand that the main reason I added it was to put down some things in writing that should be self-evident (see also my comment on the commit), and mainly to have something to fall back on when people grossly misbehave. It is not there to lay the groundwork for any kind of policing (we all have better things to do!) but to offer at least clarity and a communication channel in case serious personal issues arise in what is supposed to be a professional/working/dev environment.

You may notice that it is ultimately a line to me, directly, if people have complaints. This is no different than it has always been in case of escalations, so in effect nothing has changed in our governance of the project. It has just been put down in writing now. The CoC is a guideline. Guidelines are there to help, not hinder.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2018-08-22, 17:33

yeah, i understand the reasons behind coc adoption -- i know you enough to understand that you (and the rest of the team) will not go batshit crazy, and will not start witch hunting. still, i believe that at the end of the day it does more harm than good in the long run, to the whole FOSS community. hence, one more project that adopted coc (in any form) is one more bullet to the weapon i don't like.

that is, my actions are not about "you did it wrong, so i am leaving", they are about "i don't feel that i can stand any more without throwing away my ethical beliefs." i.e. it is about me, not you, or your actions. personal ethical beliefs is a... highly personal, and i am in no way saying that other people should either share my beliefs, or those people are bad. we are just different. ;-) and it seems that i failed to communicate it clearly, as usual. ;-)

tl;dr: i still love Pale Moon, and i respect all people that are working hard to make Pale Moon even better that it is now. there is nothing wrong with the project, or with the people working on it, it is just my personal matter.
Last edited by ketmar on 2018-08-22, 17:34, edited 2 times in total.

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2018-08-23, 17:20

after a private conversation with Moonchild, i officially changed GS "EOL" status to "on hold". i will prolly calm down after some time, and then i will re-evaluate my decision. and i will push a promised maintenance release soon.

that is, don't quit reporting bugs here, i'll prolly try to address them even while GS is on hold.

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2018-09-21, 08:25

it is resolved now. great THANK YOU to Moonchild for all his time that he dedicated to such relatively minor issue! just... thank you, Moonchild.