Guerilla Scripting Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

MozillaUser233

Guerilla Scripting

Unread post by MozillaUser233 » 2015-10-02, 20:19

Guerilla Scripting version 0.0.3.5
https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ ... scripting/

I've got the latest palemoon x64 installed.

This extension shows that it is installed but I do not have any script window option nor a G button any where in right click customize.

melbylon

Re: Guerilla Scripting

Unread post by melbylon » 2015-10-02, 20:50

There is no GUI. You either copy scripts manually to the 'guerillajs' in your palemoon folder or use 'Developer toolbar'(Shift+F2 and then type 'guerilla <command>')
http://repo.or.cz/w/guerillascript.git/blob/HEAD:/dox/README.txt

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-10-02, 21:31

Yes I was wondering about this too, but I ended up using stylish instead.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2015-10-02, 21:46

there is nothing to customize (but it has some options nevertheless). you put scripts in it's userscript directory — it runs scripts.

still, you can press shift+f2 to bring command line, and type "guerilla about" there to see some documentation.

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2015-10-02, 23:32

i really have to make it open README on the first run. but i'm pretty sure that it won't be read, just closed as "ah, another annoying addon readme, get lost!" :-)

MozillaUser233

Unread post by MozillaUser233 » 2015-10-03, 09:11

Ah ok. So what do I save the script as?

Edit:
nvm, found it. .js

UnholySaint

Unread post by UnholySaint » 2016-02-11, 07:16

Hello,

I use the Atom build on Linux. GS is installed, shows in addon tab and added "Guerilla Packages" to Tools menu. There is no "guerilla *" in shift-f2/dev toolbar, because there are no developer tools in Atom builds. I created the profile folder manually and downloaded number of scripts there, but none of them seems to work and "Guerilla Packages" remains empty.

Is GS supposed to work on Atom builds? If no - is there a working user script manager for them?

Also if Atom builds are unsupported it may be good idea to add warning in the addons site.

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2016-02-11, 15:18

as GS is using command console modules, and there is no such modules in atom builds, GS can't work there. it just fails to load. note that UI is not depend of actual extension code, so Pale Moon is able to show UI, but there is nobody to control it. ;-) GS actually doesn't need devtools to work, but it registers command handlers in cmdcon, and doesn't expect it to be unavailable at all.

maybe i'll do a "lite" version later, but for now — sorry. i just don't have enough time and willpower right now to do that.

p.s. i dont't know if other userscrit engines are working in atom builds, sorry.

exhaustedDave

Unread post by exhaustedDave » 2017-01-14, 00:48

melbylon wrote:... the 'guerillajs' in your palemoon folder
Where exactly is this?

I have a "C:\Program Files\Pale Moon" with browser, defaults, dictionaries, distribution and uninstall subdirs but no 'guerillajs' beneath any of them that I can find.

Yet some annoying page pops up frequently, from a userscript I didn't realize was installed. I can uninstall the extension but would like to know first how and whether it might be possible to manage scripts - or for example, to selectively remove them. Is there supposed to be a profile subdir beneath some hdden AppData directory?

Thanks.

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-01-14, 00:52

exhaustedDave wrote: Is there supposed to be a profile subdir beneath some hdden AppData directory?

Thanks.
Yeah, you have to go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\ to find the profile folder.

exhaustedDave

Unread post by exhaustedDave » 2017-01-14, 01:11

Okay, thanks! I had a vague recollection of seeking/finding it there once before. And could find no mention of that important fact on the guerilla pages at github or mozilla or moonchild etc.

I appreciate the rapid assistance, half-moon!

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2017-01-14, 01:17

the idea is that you know where that folder is, 'cause you're "power user" -- that is the target audience of GS. hence no mention how to find your profile folder in docs. ;-)

Andrew Gilbertson

Unread post by Andrew Gilbertson » 2017-01-16, 14:00

half-moon wrote:Yeah, you have to go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\ to find the profile folder.
Off-topic:
If you replace <your username> with %USERNAME%, and paste this into the location bar of Windows' built in Explorer file manager thingy, Explorer will automatically substitute the currently-logged-in user's username. Now you can give even more generic instructions! And never have anyone ask you how to find out what their username is.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-01-16, 14:02

Off-topic:
Or you can just use %APPDATA%\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\

Plesco

Unread post by Plesco » 2017-01-25, 07:17

ketmar wrote:there is nothing to customize (but it has some options nevertheless). you put scripts in it's userscript directory — it runs scripts.

still, you can press shift+f2 to bring command line, and type "guerilla about" there to see some documentation.
Hi,

neither it doesn't work to me. Also, I have put an script inside .../guerillajs/scripts but it doesn't appear in Tools -> Guerilla Packages
(This is the script: https://greasyfork.org/es/scripts/6193- ... oogle/code)

Although I can see there is a new .db file: don-t-track-me-google.db inside .../packages/data/

Some ideas?
I have 27.0.3 x64.

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2017-01-25, 07:41

Plesco wrote:Also, I have put an script inside .../guerillajs/scripts but it doesn't appear in Tools -> Guerilla Packages
it shouldn't. "packages" is completely independent concept (and barely working). if you want to be able to manage your scripts with GUI, you'd better use GreaseMonkey, not GS. the whole idea of GS is to be "GUI-less": just copy or delete the file, and it's done. ;-)

Plesco

Unread post by Plesco » 2017-01-26, 00:12

oh.. ok, I understand.

I will go for GreaseMonkey

wickedsp1d3r
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by wickedsp1d3r » 2017-08-10, 16:19

@ketmar:
Please check out this thread.
I have a problem with Guerilla Scripting under macOS version of PM. Is there anything that can be done?

JebDude
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by JebDude » 2017-08-28, 18:04

Running Pale Moon 27.4.2

I press SHIFT + F2 to bring up the console command line thiny and I try to type "guerilla about"...

It tells me the "guerilla" command is not available. And when I try "guerilla about" it says "too many arguments".

Am I missing something?

Your instructions are quite clear in the readme, but the SHIFT + F2 thing, apart from bringing up a command line, isn't working. Please advise!

EDIT: I also brought up the full web console and the error when typing "guerilla" is as follows:

ReferenceError: guerilla is not defined

Any further attempt to type "guerilla about" results in:

SyntaxError: missing ; before statement

I consider myself a power user (for what it's worth) and I swear I'm following the instructions in your readme file. I have updated packages on the command line in linux using apt-get and other package managers. I am quite comfortable on the command line.

I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction, especially now that Mozilla is making almost all it's addons 100% incompatible with Pale Moon when FF 57 hits. I've already tried some of the addons from AMO that have been converted over to WebExtensions format and they appear as corrupt to Pale Moon. So that means if GreaseMonkey follows suit, it will be off the table for Pale Moon users, unless Pale Moon devs plan to add compatibility for the new addon format in Firefox (using digital signatures I think).

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2017-08-29, 10:49

i don't even think that command interface in GS is working anymore. for some time, v27 didn't had developer tools, so i had to make a workaround (CLI detection), and it seems that instead of workarounding it i broke it. as CLI tools still not working in my current v27 profile (it is profile problem, not v27), i never really checked it all, sorry. and for now i don't have enough time/motivation to restore this feature, sorry again.

you don't really *need* cli interface to GS, though: i'm using GS myself (of course ;-), and as you can see, i never managed to notice that CLI is not working. ;-) sure, i have to do something with that, but it have to wait for some time.

tl;dr: you're doing it right, it is a bug in GS CLI support. ;-) tnx for reporting.