DownThemAll! and Pale Moon 3.6.31

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

ChiCheeseBiz

DownThemAll! and Pale Moon 3.6.31

Unread post by ChiCheeseBiz » 2012-05-07, 22:44

Greetings,

I have been using Firefox for a long time and have found it to be a decent browser.

I have given the Pale Moon browsers a try after reading that they are very similar to Firefox and can perform better Firefox on the Windows platform.

Thanks to the developer for providing the browsers.

I tried Pale Moon 11.0.1 and then Pale Moon 3.6.31 and found that Pale Moon 3.6.31 mostly works better than Pale Moon 11.0.1 for me.

There is one major problem that I have been having while using Pale Moon 3.6.31, but not Pale Moon 11.0.1.

I used the add-on DownThemAll! 2.0.13, which is a Firefox extension that adds a download manager to Firefox with many features.

For the most part, the DownThemAll! extension works with Pale Moon 3.6.31. For Pale Moon 11.0.1, the extension works entirely expected.

However, with Pale Moon 3.6.31 a feature does not always work. In particular, the extension's feature to "Set the file time to last modified time (server) or time of queuing" (quoted from options panel) often does not work.

I notice that if I am not quick to choose where to save a file for download, the correct timestamp (which is provided by DownThemAll! feature) might not be set on the downloaded file.

The DownThemAll! 2.0.13 feature works as expected with the many version of Firefox, including Firefox 3.6.28 and Firefox 11.0 and also Pale Moon 11.0.1.

What could be going on, and how can I get Pale Moon 3.6.31 fully working with DownThemAll!?