Kaspersky Internet Security Plugins

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

mindjogger

Kaspersky Internet Security Plugins

Unread post by mindjogger » 2014-10-15, 01:05

Hello everyone, the purpose of this topic is to inform others of a solution to a problem that I had. That is, how do I get these plugins to work?

Well, I had tried various ways to port them in extension form when they are meant to be plugins, this meant they were not updated correctly when changes were made by the developers... I found my solution by observing how plugins are installed, they are not locally stored in the profile, most of the time they are in the program files directory...

For example, kaspersky internet security 2015's plugin location for firefox is C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.1\FFExt
currently there are 3 folders at the time of writing.

In order to get pale moon to recognize these extensions you should add the following lines to your extensions.ini located in your pm profile, make sure to change the extension number.

Extension0=C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.1\FFExt\content_blocker@kaspersky.com
Extension1=C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.1\FFExt\online_banking@kaspersky.com
Extension2=C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.1\FFExt\virtual_keyboard@kaspersky.com

This solution should apply to any application you are using where the plugin is not being added to Pale Moon, with the acception of course whether the plugin is x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit) native, in this case I am using Pale Moon x86 (32bit) and the plugins are written for an x86 browser.

ckit_x64

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security Plugins

Unread post by ckit_x64 » 2014-10-16, 04:22

Wow, you sir are a God. Thank you!

Extensions.ini is located here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\????????.default\extensions.ini

Seems I still need to wait for Kaspersky to add 64-bit support... sigh.

mindjogger

Unread post by mindjogger » 2014-10-17, 08:09

Unfortunately that is unlikely to happen, Kaspersky Lab representatives have stated that because there is no official 64bit version of firefox that they feel they don't need to add support. This however is not the case with Chrome for example which the plugins are coded for support in both 32bit and 64bit... Why Mozilla hasn't released a 64bit version that wasn't nightly after all these years still puzzles me, but the sooner that they do the sooner that Kaspersky will care about adding support for them.

Also you may have to re-add these lines after updating PM, mine seem to have disappeared possibly due to the update, an easy enough fix I suppose. :clap:

I'm glad I could help. :thumbup:

ckit_x64

Unread post by ckit_x64 » 2014-10-17, 11:54

Mozilla have stated recently that they will release a 64-bit browser by April-May next year... so slow it's embarrassing!

mindjogger

Unread post by mindjogger » 2014-10-18, 02:07

Hopefully they will add support for 64bit firefox varriants, it would be nice if they supported pale moon, but considering their lazy views on supporting 64bit firefox related projects I doubt they would be updated in 2015 given their history and lack of support for newer versions of firefox and related projects. They have an antiquated view, if only a niche of users are using 64bit firefox builds or related browsers, why add support? :thumbdown: