Preferences Monitor

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

mikeysc

Preferences Monitor

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-09-21, 04:16

Any technically minded users of Preferences Monitor who are willing, and have a little understanding of reg exp, please take a look at the "Revert Changes On" default string. Let me know if you think there are parentheses out of place. [Copying and pasting the whole string into Notepad makes it easier to view.]

Unless I'm missing the point, it looks like the parenthesis after "keyword" does not belong because the only entry for that in about:config is keyword.enabled. To me, that would also mean the parenthesis before "browser." is not supposed to be there either (the ones bracketing startup|newtab are fine). But I guess I could be missing the intent of what this is meant for. Right now what I see is that that pair of parentheses groups together "browser.", "general." and "keyword" (last without dot), and that just makes no sense to me.

I'm testing Alpha 1 version of 3.7 which has improved error messages (none seen yet). That should be helpful in troubleshooting other issues but I want to be sure this idiosyncrasy of PrefMon is cleared up.

By the way, if anyone knows what the developer meant by that string after "security.", I'd like to know that too. I can't tell what he wanted us to do there. Are we supposed to delete it so any changes to security entries will be reverted?

access2godzilla

Re: Preferences Monitor

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-09-21, 06:07

Code: Select all

^(network\.proxy\.autoconfig_url|extensions\.(autoDisableScopes|enabledScopes)|(browser\.(startup|newtab)|general\.useragent|keyword)\.|security\.turn_off_all_security_so_that_viruses_can_take_over_this_computer)
It can be visualised as:
mikeysc wrote:if anyone knows what the developer meant by that string after "security.", I'd like to know that too. I can't tell what he wanted us to do there. Are we supposed to delete it so any changes to security entries will be reverted?
I think that the developer just wants to inform users of the extension that the regex can be customized according to one's needs.

mikeysc

Re: Preferences Monitor

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-09-21, 13:05

Thanks, your diagram helps me see what he meant, and that it's not an error. But to me it is really awkward to group those 3 just to share a period. Anyway, I went ahead and rewrote it the way I want it. It's a good option to have once you understand the formatting.