[Solved] Re-enabling a disabled extension

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Trekker

Re: Re-enabling a disabled extension

Unread post by Trekker » 2014-09-19, 09:21

Well good news! Even though the Load Tabs Progressively page shows Version 1.6.1 of the extension as unavailable for PM 24.7.2 (x64), the versions page shows Version 1.6.2pre released on September 6, 2011 as being available and compatible with PM 24.7.2 (x64). I installed v1.6.2pre from the versions page instead of needing to adjust install.rdf for v1.6.1 and it's back to working but only when Pale Moon is restarted.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-19, 11:39

Loading tabs progressively is built into the core of the browser and you don't need the add-on. Just uncheck "Don't load tabs until selected" In the Options -> Tabs window and it will load tabs from the stored session 3 at a time. I may re-implement the configure option for this that Mozilla has removed instead of putting it at 3 hard-coded.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Trekker

Unread post by Trekker » 2014-09-19, 14:09

Unfortunately, "Don't load tabs until selected" was already unchecked.

With Load Tabs Progressively extension enabled... tabs load all at once if I start Pale Moon through a desktop shortcut (for example). They load progressively 3 tabs at a time only if I restart from within the browser.

With Load Tabs Progressively extension disabled... you're correct (and I didn't know about the built-in mechanism), it does have a built-in mechanism to load progressively 3 tabs at a time. But the behavior doesn't change... this only works via restarting in-browser.

I am also using Tab Mix Plus extension. Could that be what is causing conflicts with the built-in tab progressive loading?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-19, 14:59

TMP while a great extension does tend to conflict with pretty well all other tab related (and other addons) out there.

Trekker

Unread post by Trekker » 2014-09-23, 11:51

Yes that's what I thought as well. Thanks for your input.

I have to report an update: System Monitor broke again in PM 24.7.2 (x64) even though I followed all of riiis's instructions and also had the checkCompatibility 1.3 extension configured to false for compatibility checks in about:config. But I'm not going to worry about it anymore.

Do you (or the mods) think I should mark this thread as solved anyway?