AllInOneSidebar and other extensions : Downloads list empty!

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

hikki

AllInOneSidebar and other extensions : Downloads list empty!

Unread post by hikki » 2014-08-26, 00:57

I use this great extension called AllInOneSidebar, everything's ok except the downloads tab : clicking it will just show the little pop-up, not the AiOS tab. I thought it probably have something to do with PaleMoon status bar options but i couldn't find.. I tried disabling/enabling the option is AiOS but no change. I guess many use this here, so many will be able to tell me how to fix this.. Thanks :)

ADD: Just noticed the shortcut ctrl+j opens the AiOS downloads tab. Tried clicking the icon with ctrl &/or shift but it still just open the pop-up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm editing first post with all i found so the dev (and anyone else) can easily see and understand what's this all about : AiOS download tab is having trouble with PM. Either it won't open (even thought it's set so it should) either it will be download list will be empty (opening the firefox one, i have +30 downloads in history).

ADD!! I just tried another extension named download manager tweak and guess what? List's empty! So this is not just an AiOS issue. Really hope the dev could input some words to lighten us.
Last edited by hikki on 2014-08-27, 05:29, edited 5 times in total.

mikeysc

Re: AllInOneSidebar : All ok but Downloads..?

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-08-26, 01:48

I'm not sure if I know what you're doing. Do you mean the down-arrow icon on the PM toolbar or the one in AIOS?
You have to make a choice on whether you want AIOS to take control and have the download list show in AIOS (the AIOS default) or whether you want the conventional download list (popup list and Libary/Downloads - PM default). I did not want AIOS to totally takeover but rather just have the Downloads tab in AIOS be another alternative, so I had to change AIOS' default to go back to the original PM Download list behavior. It's hard to explain with words because there is so much duplication. It would be easier to follow if you could post images. (I could too but I'll let you since it's your question.)

hikki

Unread post by hikki » 2014-08-26, 02:11

I set AiOS to takeover so i should see the whole download list opening in an AiOS tab, same as all the others (history, bookmark, extensions). But i don't :

I played around, so now i can explain clearly with words : What i see when i click the AiOS download button is same as PM button when set to "panel".

buggy

Unread post by buggy » 2014-08-26, 02:26

Not sure i understand all... also i use Download Status Bar... but have you tried this:

PM Status Bar Settings/Downloads > at the bottom check "use the classic download window"
AIOS Settings/Panels/Downloads > open in lateral panel

mikeysc

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-08-26, 02:36

He wants the downloads to open in the AIOS sidebar panel, so classic download window is not going to help do that (shouldn't anyway). The funny thing is I got what he wants by default and had to undo it.

In AIOS Options, Panels, Download tab, Behavior, do you have "Open in Sidebar" checked? I unchecked that to stop AIOS taking over, but you want it checked.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2014-08-26, 05:12

You should be using All-In-One-Sidebar version 0.7.20 (or All-In-One-Sidebar version 0.7.19).

Later versions of All-in-One Sidebar include a download sidebar that is not compatible with Pale Moon. Unlike the "Bookmarks" sidebar and the "History" sidebar, the "Download" sidebar is not really a feature or native component of Firefox, itself, or of Pale Moon. Rather, the download sidebar is added on solely by the All-in-One Sidebar extension itself. Thus, new versions of All-in-One Sidebar must be produced to accommodate frequent changes in Firefox's download management, but are not needed or are incompatible with Pale Moon's download management.

In fact, you don't even have to use the download sidebar of All-in-One Sidebar. Instead, you can use another download sidebar add-on, such as Download Manager Tweak version 0.9.8. If necessary, drag the "Download Manager Tweak" icon from the main toolbar to the AIOS toolbar. Then, disable the AIOS download sidebar in AIOS options.

hikki

Unread post by hikki » 2014-08-26, 05:50

If it works for you, it should for me too. But it doesn't, so I'm trying to find out why. I just opened a new PM profile and installed AiOS : click of "download button" opens the AiOS download tab. I really don't understand. And i don't wanna restart a new profile, i took hours setting it yesterday..

ADD: I set up a new test profile and synced/download all extension, the bug occur first, then after restart all ok.. Really strange issue!

ADD2: This is crazy/random.. After trying PM64 it works (even on PM32) but not totally : button works, ctrl+j open but won't close tab..

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2014-08-26, 08:11

@hikki: Check to make sure that you don't have incompatible or conflicting add-on(s) issues.

hikki

Unread post by hikki » 2014-08-26, 08:29

What do you mean? Incompatible add-ons are automatically disabled. Or you're not talking about that..

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2014-08-26, 08:54

Just because your add-ons have installed correctly doesn't necessarily mean they are all fully optimal and function as they were intended, this is largely down to how well the developer has written the add-on, and this is variable. Also it's quite possible for some add-ons to conflict with others you are using for similar reasons.

If for some reason you experience spurious or strange behaviour during your normal browsing which usually manifests itself when certain UI elements don't function as intended or as you expect, you should try to identify and eliminate the add-on(s) that could be causing the problem. This basic though sometimes laborious procedure often provides the solution and is always worth trying as a first troubleshooting exercise.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2014-08-26, 14:45

hikki wrote:Just noticed the shortcut ctrl+j opens the AiOS downloads tab. Tried clicking the icon with ctrl &/or shift but it still just open the pop-up.
I assume by "AIOS downloads tab" you mean the AIOS downloads sidebar /downloads panel that slides out from the left side of your browser window. AIOS (and Pale Moon) are also able to show downloads in a normal browser tab or window (which "downloads tab" may be the default behavior for Firefox). So, make sure that AIOS options are set to always open downloads in the "sidebar", and NOT in a "downloads tab".

What do you mean by "clicking the icon"? I have several icons on my toolbars, not just one. AIOS has its own separate, optional toolbar. By default, this optional toolbar, if active, appears vertically to the left of the AIOS sidebar. And, the toolbar button icon to click open the AIOS downloads sidebar should appear in the AIOS toolbar's column. If you're clicking a toolbar button icon, not on the AIOS optional toolbar-- this toolbar button icon may be related to another downloads add-on or to Pale Moon's internal status bar add-on, and not to AIOS.

Pale Moon has a built-in status bar add-on, which add-on includes download management and a related download button icon. Settings of the built-in status bar add-on (click "Options" then click "status bar options ...") may have to be modified to be compatible with AIOS downloads. AIOS generally should override Pale Moon's download settings when activating the AIOS downloads sidebar. If not, try resetting the optional AIOS toolbar and the Pale Moon toolbar(s) to their defaults. Resetting toolbars to their defaults is a good "last resort" method to resolve toolbar conflicts, such as you may be having.

hikki

Unread post by hikki » 2014-08-27, 04:21

Thanks but this was no help. I installed PM x86 on another PC and add same issue. Installed PM x64 and launched (with same profile). Again it fixed the issue (clic on the download button open AiOS dl tab, not PM one..) This is completely weird. I'd really like to understand.

ADD: In fact no.. It didn't fix, the issue came back. I noticed something though : mouse overlay the download button normally shows text about AiOS shortcuts. When the issue is "ON" it doesn't.. It's like AiOS is disabled for downloads. But it's not! Reset doesn't help.

The keyboard shortcut, as said, works. Well.. Half way : it'll open but not close the AiOS download tab. Here's the code : if(aios_preventDblCmd(event)) toggleSidebar('viewDownloadsSidebar'); return true; Another issue is download list reset quite often..

hikki

Re: AllInOneSidebar and other extensions : Downloads list em

Unread post by hikki » 2014-08-28, 20:13

I think i've described as best as i could.. So please dev, type something here.. Thank you.

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2014-08-28, 20:39

Have you actually personally contacted the developer of this add-on regarding your issues? Ingo Wennemaring

hikki

Unread post by hikki » 2014-08-28, 20:56

I can do it. But i've always poor response from the firefox extensions dev i contacted..

I thought you may actually know what it was all about or at least be willing to check it.

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2014-08-28, 21:18

Yes, unfortunately responses from add-on developers are patchy at best, but you have to remember it has always been the case that the vast majority of add-ons have been and are still developed for Firefox, not Pale Moon. FYI PM developers are currently in the process of having their own site where you will be able to download verified add-ons that will be 100% compatible with Pale Moon. This is due to be introduced when the next version, Pale Moon 25.0.0 is released in the near future.

But for now your best course of action is to contact the developer if after first following my advice in my previous post doesn't solve your issues.