XKit 7.4.4 (Tumblr-related extension)

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

lihatt

XKit 7.4.4 (Tumblr-related extension)

Unread post by lihatt » 2014-08-21, 18:44

(I searched for threads about XKit but only turned up one from about a year ago.)

See http://xkit-extension.tumblr.com/post/9 ... or-firefox. Apparently this version of the plugin has changes that go along with some fundamental changes in Firefox that make the plugin no longer backwards compatible below Firefox 29. It would seem that Pale Moon (up to 24.7.1 at least) does not incorporate whatever changes these were, and so I have not been able to upgrade from XKit 7.4.3 to 7.4.4 (the plugin simply doesn't function). Any ideas?

(I hope it doesn't come to having to choose between Pale Moon and XKit, which for me is basically choosing between Pale Moon and Tumblr, period.)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: XKit 7.4.4 (Tumblr-related extension)

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-21, 20:37

You can keep using 7.4.3
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

lihatt

Unread post by lihatt » 2014-08-22, 01:34

I can (and that's what I've been doing), but I'm not sure I will be able to forever. I don't know what the internal changes in those versions of Firefox amount to that required retooling of the extension, though.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-22, 23:01

I have a good idea, and it would be related to the Australis user interface in effect since version 29. Firefox has pretty much destroyed the user interface with Australis, and it impacts a number of extensions that interact with the UI requiring adjustments to continue working with it.

As for the older version: As long as Tumblr doesn't significantly change its responses from third-party requests, the add-on should continue working.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite