Google add-ons for opt out / block cookies

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

KNTRO

Google add-ons for opt out / block cookies

Unread post by KNTRO » 2014-08-11, 03:08

Hi all,

I think we can't trust Google like before, can we? So I don't know if we can trust their tools for opt out either. :D So, in any case, I wanna share these add-ons for opt out / block Google Analytics cookies & Google DoubleClick cookies as well.

■Add-on for opt out / block Google Analytics cookie
■Add-on for opt out / block Google DoubleClick cookie

If anyone knows another official add-on by Google to block any of their services, please let me know and I'm gonna add it here.

Hope this helps someone.

Best.

Supernova

Re: Google add-ons for opt out / block cookies

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-08-11, 21:14

For sure I wouldn't use their own tools to opt out...

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-08-11, 21:32

It's like asking the "fox to guard the hen house". ;)
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

mikeysc

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-08-11, 22:54

Maybe we should have a sticky thread here just for tips on how to opt out (or block) all things google.
I have one extension that catches a lot of the varieties that slip past other "blockware".
And I set a reg exp that gets anything with "google" in it. It is inconvenient at times but better than wide open.

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2014-08-11, 23:30

mikeysc wrote:Maybe we should have a sticky thread here just for tips on how to opt out (or block) all things google.
Good idea!
mikeysc wrote:I have one extension that catches a lot of the varieties that slip past other "blockware".
I'm considering switching from Adblock Plus to an extension called Adguard AdBlocker, because the latter claims to block Google Analytics and other analytical systems. What's the name of the extension you're using?
Last edited by Antonius32 on 2014-08-15, 22:47, edited 2 times in total.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-08-14, 21:59

The best addon to block all unwanted cookies is a whitelist cookie addon, like Cookie Monster.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2014-08-14, 23:03

Disconnect does the job! I know because it's blocking one of ggles ads/analytics on this very forum.

LINK:https://disconnect.me/disconnect
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-14, 23:55

LimboSlam wrote:Disconnect does the job! I know because it's blocking one of ggles ads/analytics on this very forum.

LINK:https://disconnect.me/disconnect
And it would be nice if everyone would make an exception rule for the ads on this forum, so I actually get something back to plug the sinkhole of running it ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2014-08-15, 00:06

Moonchild wrote:And it would be nice if everyone would make an exception rule for the ads on this forum, so I actually get something back to plug the sinkhole of running it ;)
In my case, I have ABP & Ghostery disabled for *.palemoon.org:

But… , FB ads? Sorry, I don't care a $h1t about it…

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2014-08-15, 01:08

Moonchild wrote:And it would be nice if everyone would make an exception rule for the ads on this forum, so I actually get something back to plug the sinkhole of running it ;)
Done! Thanks for the reminder!

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2014-08-15, 05:09

Yeah srry man, I have slow internet speed, so blocking unnecessary resources really helps my browsing. But for you my man and this forum, I'll make an exception. :)
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime