Incompatible Greasemonkey 2.0

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Beoulve

Incompatible Greasemonkey 2.0

Unread post by Beoulve » 2014-06-20, 07:31

First off, thanks for providing a Linux build for this, I've switched to it full time for a week or so and it's been pretty good.

Recently though, Greasemonkey has been updated to version 2.0, which is 'not available for Firefox 24' according to its Mozilla add-on page.

Is there any workaround to install it?

cyansmoker

Re: Incompatible Add-on

Unread post by cyansmoker » 2014-06-20, 08:02

You could conceivably download the xpi from its source URL; for instance https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... 2.0-fx.xpi then go to Extensions -> Install add-on from file.

This is not guaranteed to work and, honestly, it seems like a bad idea to install an add on that expects more recent browser capabilities.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-06-20, 08:08

I can confirm that 2.0 is not functioning correctly with Pale Moon. My suggestion is to use version 1.15

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-06-20, 09:57

What exactly is not working with GM 2.0 in PM? I have it running since yesterday and have no problem so far.

This thread should be moved to the Add-ons section and the title should be a bit more descriptive. Thanks :)
Last edited by SvenG on 2014-06-20, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

jumba

Re: Incompatible Greasemonkey 2.0

Unread post by jumba » 2014-06-20, 11:59

probably this and maybe other internal changes that depends 29.0+
For stability, reliability, and security the privileged sandbox has been updated to match the new changes to unsafeWindow for the Add-on SDK. In order to write values to unsafeWindow you will need to use the new methods cloneInto(), exportFunction(), and/or createObjectIn().

buggy

Unread post by buggy » 2014-06-20, 13:01

I tried the 2.0, all my scripts worked, not seen any bug. But i prefer to return to the 1.15 in waiting more infos from the pros :mrgreen:

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-06-20, 15:46

My youtube center script completely made youtube non-functional also a few other small scripts weren't working either. I dunno.. Needs more testing and more contact with the dev see if they would atleast provide 1.15 compatibility with PM if not complete.

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-06-20, 16:40

Ah, thanks, good to know, so maybe I am just using the right scripts (not using that many at all). At least using 2.0 doesn't make you computer explode so one can try but from what I have read so far updating is no real benefit for those whose scripts are working. Possible but not worth the effort.