Kindle Add-on

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Robert Schwartz

Kindle Add-on

Unread post by Robert Schwartz » 2014-05-15, 04:35

I am experimenting with Pale Moon, and so far I like it a lot. Firefox 29 tore it for me and I like Pale Moon's philosophy.

I managed, by dint of banging around, to get all of my history and bookmarks into Pale Moon. But my biggest problem so far is that I cannot get "Send to Kindle for Mozilla Firefox 1.0.2.59" [the Amazon official add-on that loads web pages on to my Kindle], to work.

I have occasionally had this problem with Firefox, but I have been able to cure it by removing the add-on and re-installing it. I have tried that a couple of times with Pale moon.

Have any of you had a similar experience?

Have any of you tried: Push to Kindle 1.5 or Send to Reader 1.6?

In case you want to know, My computer is a Lenovo ThinkCentre A63 with an Athlon Processor and 4GB of physical Memory. I am not running anything other than Pale Moon right now. I have installed the following add-ons:

Adblock Plus 2.6
Calculator 1.1.31
DictionarySearch 28.0
QuickNote 0.7.3
ScrapBook 1.5.9

They all seem to work fine. Heck, ScrapBook which has been very cranky on fire fox works a lot better than it did on FF29

access2godzilla

Re: Kindle Add-on

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-15, 09:32

Please elaborate on what you mean by "not work".

Robert Schwartz

Unread post by Robert Schwartz » 2014-05-15, 13:15

I click on the button its menu opens up. I click on one of the menu items and nothing happens.

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-15, 17:20

It could be an interfering addon, so please try installing the extension in a clean profile.

Robert Schwartz

Unread post by Robert Schwartz » 2014-05-15, 18:34

As, requested, I established a clean default profile for Paper Moon, and I installed Kindle for Mozilla Firefox 1.0.2.59 and no other add-ons in the new profile.

The add-on still did not work.

Thanks for the suggestion. Any other ideas?

Robert Schwartz

Unread post by Robert Schwartz » 2014-05-16, 22:00

The blessed add-on has cured itself. For reasons unknown to me it just started working. Thank you for replying to me.