Print/Print Preview 0.9

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Sarris

Print/Print Preview 0.9

Unread post by Sarris » 2014-04-05, 18:11

Hi Guys;

I have the latest version of Print/Print Preview (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/printprint-preview/) installed as well as the latest driver for my HP 5000n printer.

I've lost the ability to Print Preview since installing one of the last PM updates (I don't know which one, as I use the print previewer infrequently). I've Googled and found a number of similar older Firefox problems, but no resolutions. I've reset all the printer settings in about:config, uninstalled and reinstalled several different numeric versions of this add-on, similar add-ons by other developers, as well as several different HP drivers, and still no print preview. Here's the weird part, everything prints fine, just no preview. Additionally, IE 11 is working without issue, albeit a bit slow.

When I hit Print Preview, the page blank page displays and says About:Blank at the top. If I hit the preview close button, PM totally closes, not just the blank preview page.

Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks and regards;

Sarris

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Print/Print Preview 0.9

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-04-05, 18:59

You may want to ask the developer of the extension. Print preview in Pale Moon (without the extension) works just fine, so it's not something inherent to Pale Moon as far as i can tell.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Sarris

Re: Print/Print Preview 0.9

Unread post by Sarris » 2014-04-05, 19:13

HI MC;

I disabled the add-on (which I installed for the context menu addition) and I have the exact same issues when trying to preview using the Main Menu selection.

It must be another add-on, as the Main Menu preview works OK in Safe mode.

Thanks;

Sarris

EDIT: It seems that this issue results from a conflict between my Tab Killer add-on and Mozilla's change in tab settings removing the hide the tab bar option. The print preview is considered another "Tab" I guess.

As I HATE tabs, I guess I'll do without the print preview and have deleted the context menu add-on.

FYI for Tab Haters.