Roboform 7.9.3.0

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

PeterDon

Roboform 7.9.3.0

Unread post by PeterDon » 2014-01-21, 08:17

Some comments in the forum here suggest that RoboForm 7.9.2.0 can be attached to Pale Moon. Is that only for the 32-bit version? I cannot attach it to Win 7 Pro x64. It works fine in Firefox, but in Pale Moon it is not listed as an add-on at all.

Is there some workaround that we can do with Pale Moon, or are we going to have to try to budge RoboForm?

Cheers,

Peter

wildbill5891
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Roboform 7.9.3.0

Unread post by wildbill5891 » 2014-01-22, 00:41

:( RoboForm won't make an adapter to use with Pale Moon, Waterfox or any 64bit browser. I have tried asking them. The only way I can get RoboForm to work is in the System Tray.
You can try posting a request on their Support Site. I believe that is true. it only works on the 32bit version.

PeterDon

Unread post by PeterDon » 2014-01-23, 16:10

Thanks WildBill for your help. I have sent the following email to the Roboform Support people:

Hi Roboformers,

I have been using registered versions of Roboform (now a Roboform Anywhere subscriber) for many years. Although I have checked out other password managers, Roboform has remained my preferred program.

I am moving into the x64 bit world, with Win 7 Pro x64 on my computers. Along with that move, I am using Pale Moon x64 browser and find that Roboform cannot be used as an add-in to that program. According to users on the Pale Moon forum, Roboform has yet to introduce a version that will work with 64-bit browsers.

I am wondering if that is true. And if so, when will you be making Roboform compatible with 64-bit browsers?

Thank you for your time and interest.

Peter

I will come back here and post any reply they send

PeterDon

Unread post by PeterDon » 2014-01-24, 15:52

Here is the promised Roboform reply:
Thank you for your message.
That is true, RoboForm does not support 64bit variations of Firefox browser, such as Pale Moon or Waterfox.
The only supported 64bit browser is Internet Explorer 64bit.
The addition of compatibility with other 64-bit browsers is still an ongoing project here. There is no ETA, sorry.
:cry:
I guess that we now need a ground-swell, nay - a flood! of protestations to Roboform support suggesting that they move into the current century...

PeterDon

Unread post by PeterDon » 2014-01-24, 16:08

Participating in the suggestion above, I sent this in to the Roboform Support people:
Thank you for your reply. So that means that Roboform does not work in Firefox 64 bit either. That seems pretty strange, given the following quote from the Firefox developers:
"Now the 64-bit operating systems are becoming more popular, it is the general trend, the Firefox 64-bit versions are designed specifically for these 64-bit operating systems."

Do you have an ETA for Firefox itself?

Thank you very much for your time and interest.
Peter

PeterDon

Unread post by PeterDon » 2014-01-26, 03:24

Answer fro Roboform concerning 64-bit version of Firefox:
(2014/01/25 12:12 am EST)
Unfortunately we have not been provided with an ETA for 64-bit Roboform version on any browser.
Perhaps I will look at LastPass again. It will also work with the YubiKey.

Peter

sncdoc

Unread post by sncdoc » 2014-03-29, 17:20

I am also considering dropping my long used Roboform (and Roboform Everywhere) since it will not work with Palemoon. One thing that i would have trouble with is migrating all the dozens and dozens of login's that I've got stored. Anyone else had to do this migration to another password manager? If so any other way than manually doing it?

Doug

JoanArcher

Unread post by JoanArcher » 2014-04-30, 13:31

Glad I saw this thread as I have RoboForm Everywhere and was wondering if I could put it onto the browser, I've only just started with Pale Moon and still finding my way around and I installed the 64 bit version as I'm running Windows 8.1.1 on a Asus 64 bit Notebook. ;)

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2014-04-30, 14:37

I use the KeePass password manager, and have been for many years. There is a plugin for version 1.x that imports from RoboForm, and version 2.x has that feature built into it. There are also at least 2 plugins that will 'act as a bridge' between KeePass and FireFox. I don't know of any issues between 32 and 64 bit OS's, I don't use either of those 'bridge' plugins, so I can't comment on that. Note that the KeePass program itself is browser independent, and it only runs on Windows, although there are several ports for other OS's (Mac and *nix at least..) . The URL for KeePass is http://keepass.info, and there is a forum too.
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

sncdoc

Unread post by sncdoc » 2014-04-30, 20:34

JoanArcher wrote:Glad I saw this thread as I have RoboForm Everywhere and was wondering if I could put it onto the browser, I've only just started with Pale Moon and still finding my way around and I installed the 64 bit version as I'm running Windows 8.1.1 on a Asus 64 bit Notebook. ;)
I missed my Pale Moon so much that I've gone back to the 32 bit version where RoboForm will work. I didn't realize how much slower Firefox was until I switched to it to use RoboForm. I use the RoboForm Everywhere along with RoboForm to go on a thumb drive so I can use other computers where I need all my passwords.

merula

Unread post by merula » 2014-05-02, 05:55

So should RoboForm work with Pale Moon on a 32 bit system or not ?

The FAQ says "Current versions of RoboForm work fine in Pale Moon 4 and 5 if you install the "Lite" version, which is merely the Firefox add-on" but I cannot find this "Lite" version anywhere so far, no browser integration (of course) for Pale Moon in RoboForm options and no chance to install a thing called RoboForm Toolbar because Pale Moon rejects it because of stability and security etc.

So is there any chance to integrate it into Pale Moon on a 32 bit system or would it be better to look for another similar program ?

JoanArcher

Unread post by JoanArcher » 2014-05-02, 15:38

sncdoc wrote:
JoanArcher wrote:Glad I saw this thread as I have RoboForm Everywhere and was wondering if I could put it onto the browser, I've only just started with Pale Moon and still finding my way around and I installed the 64 bit version as I'm running Windows 8.1.1 on a Asus 64 bit Notebook. ;)
I missed my Pale Moon so much that I've gone back to the 32 bit version where RoboForm will work. I didn't realize how much slower Firefox was until I switched to it to use RoboForm. I use the RoboForm Everywhere along with RoboForm to go on a thumb drive so I can use other computers where I need all my passwords.
Yes I have RoboForm on a pen drive as well but I like my toolbar, I have it in the notification area but it means more clicks to get a password compared to just going to the toolbar.
Perhaps I'll uninstall and install the 32 bit version and see how that works. :)