Brief RSS feed differences

General discussion, compatibility and contributed extensions.

Moderators: satrow, Lootyhoof, FranklinDM

GarthP

Brief RSS feed differences

Unread post by GarthP » 2013-11-22, 16:00

I use Pale Moon both on PC, and using a flash drive withthe portable version. As far as possible identical settings, and
everything works the same, apart from one item. I have the Brief RSS feed installed, set to show the number of unread items next to the Brief icon.
On the flash drive, this works correctly, but on the home PC it doesn't. I can mouseover the icon, and the number of items appear, but I want it
to display there as it should. AFAIK my settings should be identical, but I suspect not. Any ideas please? Where to look?
Thanks.
Garth

Rohugh
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Brief RSS feed differences

Unread post by Rohugh » 2013-11-22, 22:53

Not that this is any help but I use Brief and get the unread count and pop ups. Just as a double check you have the "Show the number of unread items next to Brief's icon" checked in the Brief's Options menu?
Gaming:- Win 10 X64 2TB HD : 128GB SSD/16GB RAM · Pale Moon 26.1.1 (X64)
Desktop:- Win 10 X64 500GB HD/1TB External HD/8GB RAM · Pale Moon 26.1.1 (X86)
Laptop:- Win 10 X64 1TB HD/4GB RAM · Pale Moon 26.1.1

GarthP

Unread post by GarthP » 2013-11-23, 09:00

Yes, and have tried resetting that option, reloading the Brief add-on, clearing cache etc, all with no success. To all appearances, everything is identical on the flash drive yet it works right.
Garth

GarthP

Unread post by GarthP » 2013-11-23, 19:06

Solved! Or at least bypassed. I decided to try using the flash drive profile settings to replace the PC profile settings, and was successful, although had then to alter some about:config settings as well. I still therefore don't know what the problem was, but that's good enough.
Garth