pm 33.0.1 Slower than before

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: pm 33.0.1 Slower than before

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-03-19, 21:59

Well part of the issue is that you have a lot more entries in your context menu than you normally would have (because of OTHER extensions). And I actually find it really jarring, personally, to see serif and sans serif fonts mixed as a result...
Also, I'm not sure if your issue might be because of interaction of that extension with other extensions that add entries. You may want to experiment a little.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

xissuesx
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by xissuesx » 2024-03-19, 22:19

"Also, I'm not sure if your issue might be because of interaction of that extension with other extensions that add entries. <<
You may want to experiment a little."

Moonchild,

That's the purpose of menu wizard, it can't slow down because i've edited other extensions entries with it.. that wouldn't make sense to me.

& how could sans serif or serif be too heavy or buggy to the point of slowing menu wizard or pm ?

for me it's simple.. menu wizard v 5.11 was never a full update from firefox to palemoon..
plus..... . it supported PM up to V29.*..... .
Always using latest pm version in x64, win8.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-03-20, 10:09

xissuesx wrote:
2024-03-19, 22:19
That's the purpose of menu wizard, it can't slow down because i've edited other extensions entries with it..
extensions can sometimes interact in unexpected ways, is all I'm saying.
xissuesx wrote:
2024-03-19, 22:19
how could sans serif or serif be too heavy or buggy to the point of slowing menu wizard or pm ?
Oh you misunderstood. My observation there is purely visual; it provokes my sense of design consistency :)
Still, normally if a menu entry is added it would not change the styling of those entries, so it's possible whatever extension does this is causing interference with the menu wizard, e.g. by having critically conflicting style overrides that do unexpected things.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

xissuesx
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by xissuesx » 2024-03-20, 14:25

1. yeh, but in that case, it would require being updated or rebuilt from scratch, it sends me back to my initial observation..
or i'm condemned with my previous build & no more pm updates.

2. i got your point now, maybe menu wizard allows that ((
Always using latest pm version in x64, win8.