[Solved] Firegestures Add On failing

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

tekguru

[Solved] Firegestures Add On failing

Unread post by tekguru » 2013-09-13, 19:57

With the new release of Pale Moon the FireGestures add-on fails, in that the configuration screen is blank.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2013-09-14, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked Solved

Rohugh

Re: Firegestures Add On failing

Unread post by Rohugh » 2013-09-13, 20:17

I use it with both X86 and X64 versions of PM24 and it is fine. The options screen is showing normally. Checked with Fire Gestures 1.7-9 and updated to 1.7-10.

Have you tried disabling all your extensions and adding them back one at a time, starting with Fire Gestures?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brunopita

Unread post by brunopita » 2013-09-13, 21:17

I'm having problems too. But only for the gestures that open links in new tabs (both focused or in the background).

hydoc

Unread post by hydoc » 2013-09-13, 21:31

Same problem as op.

Things tried that did not help: restarting PM, removing and reinstalling FG, disabling all extensions then re-enabling FG (and only FG). Restarted computer, tried those things again, problem persists.

Both PM and FG are good things. I hope to see them play nicely together once again in the near future.

tekguru

Unread post by tekguru » 2013-09-13, 21:55

The mapping screen for me is completely blank, and yes I've tried removing and re-adding other addins.

About to leave for a weeks holiday so I'm hoping it can be fixed in the interim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2013-09-13, 22:32

Parallel threads here for the same issue.... the crux of the problem is twofold, individual add-on compatibilty and inter-compatibility between certain installed add-ons.... it's now becoming imperative for devs to ensure functionality of their add-ons now Mozilla has adopted the rapid release schedule of their browser, otherwise there will be significantly more broken add-ons in future browser releases. Basically it's going to be up to users to report any issues to the add-on devs immediately they find a problem.

tekguru

Unread post by tekguru » 2013-09-13, 23:00

The concern I have here is that the add-on work perfectly within Firefox. I've switched back to that on a temporary basis as I need that add-on functionality.

brunopita

Unread post by brunopita » 2013-09-13, 23:02

I tried a completely clean install and adding just Firegestures, but no change. I don't know if the dev will do anything, since it's still working in the final version of Firefox. When I got an answer from him/her I post here.

brunopita

Unread post by brunopita » 2013-09-14, 05:27

I received an answer, it was fast:

Hi,

The compatibility with Pale Moon 24 has been fixed!
Please update FireGestures to ver.1.7.12.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... /versions/

edit:

Tested it and it's working fine now.

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2013-09-14, 05:44

brunopita wrote:I don't know if the dev will do anything, since it's still working in the final version of Firefox.........
The vast majority of add-ons are developed specifically for Fx and it's because PM is based on Mozilla code that up until now most of them work in PM also. With up and coming Fx releases it's quite likely that differences between the two browsers will become more apparent with probably more broken add-ons, which is unfortunate for PM users. PM is not a main stream browser, but it has a very good user base now, hence the reason to plead with add-on devs to make them compatible with PM.

P.S. @brunopita, pleased you received such a quick response from the developer and ''Firegestures'' is now working fine for you.

tekguru

Unread post by tekguru » 2013-09-14, 06:34

Good news indeed, back to Pale Moon! :)