Alternatives for extensions

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

cehahe5692
New to the forum
New to the forum

Alternatives for extensions

Unread post by cehahe5692 » 2023-11-01, 02:40

I want to switch from Firefox, but I need alternatives for the Youtube Redux and TTV LOL extensions. Does anyone know any? Stylesheets and userscripts would be fine as well.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Alternatives for extensions

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-11-01, 06:39

You're better off describing what problem you want to solve, as nobody here is going to be familiar with ChromeZilla world's web extensions.

For all things YouTube, this Greasemonkey script is the last word - lets you change the layout and appearance, show unlikes and more. You'll need to install the Pale Moon compatible fork of Greasemonkey first.

Pale Moon is not Firefox; don't expect anything from that browser's addons site to work here. It has its own addons site and you can install the Classic Addons Archive, which has about 20k of the older XUL type extensions that Firefox dumped support for in 2017.

For site specific stuff, userscripts are the way to go and you'll find plenty on sites like Greasyfork.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX