Hidden Forward Button

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Gianluca18092004
New to the forum
New to the forum

Hidden Forward Button

Unread post by Gianluca18092004 » 2023-10-01, 15:47

Hello everyone, this is my first post, I am using the last version of Pale Moon 32.4.0.1 in Windows 7, I install the theme "Opresto" to match the Skeumorphic interface of the system. But the front button is not shown, unless the cursor on it passes.

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Hidden Forward Button

Unread post by Blacklab » 2023-10-01, 19:45

Quick test install of the Opresto theme on a clean Pale Moon 32.4.0.1 profile on Windows 7 and Windows 10... and, if I understand you correctly, same result as you describe above for Windows 7 i.e."the front (forward) button is not shown, unless the cursor on it passes."

However, the URL/Address box will slide left to take up the empty space when the Forward navigation arrow is not present... providing only the Navigation arrow buttons are to the left of the URL/Address box.

AFAICS the 'hidden' or 'auto-hide' Foward navigation button is an Opresto theme 'feature' and not a bug... i.e the Forward navigation button is only supposed to appear on the toolbar when there is a webpage present in a tab to go forwards to. :)

FWIW - Always loved the Frutigrer Aero and Skeumorphic UI designs of the Windows Vista & Windows 7 era... why I have kept one laptop running Win 7 going. Never understood why Microsoft couldn't include a couple of their older UI themes along with the ghastly dull 'flat' Windows 8/10/11 UI designs... sigh.
Frutiger Aero is named after Adrian Frutiger (who created the Frutiger fonts commonly used alongside Frutiger Aero) and Windows Aero (the UI theme of Windows Vista/7), which spread outward and influenced many other companies' design choices in the era.
Frutiger Aero.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.