Dorando Keyconfig - Export Config Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Dorando Keyconfig - Export Config

Unread post by fatboy » 2023-09-09, 13:11

Good\Day folks,

I am using the Dorando keyconfig extension https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/keyconfig/, I really like it and have spent quite some time getting the config just the way I like it. I want to now transfer all these keybindings I created to another computer with the same browser (Pale Moon to Pale Moon and Sealion to Sealion).
Is there a way I can export the keybindings I created to a file and import it to another install? If I have to have a json file that is also ok?

Thank You
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Dorando Keyconfig - Export Config

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-09-09, 22:34

If you're switching between computers running the same OS (i.e. not between Windows, mac OS and Linux), the easiest way to do so is to copy over your entire profile directory after exiting Pale Moon - that way everything will be exactly as it was - settings, history, passwords, extensions, bookmarks.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2023-09-09, 23:38

True, that is a good idea. But I each install has it's own profile.
What about when I sync browsers, will the extension data, aka custom keybindings, also be transferred/synced?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-09-10, 00:39

fatboy wrote:
2023-09-09, 23:38
will the extension data, aka custom keybindings, also be transferred/synced
Open about:config and search for dorando - if the settings for it are shown right there then you can probably backup prefs.js from your profile directory (or to be even more precise, copy only the entries for dorando from it to your target prefs.js in the new profile). Don't do this while Pale Moon is running.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2023-09-10, 00:50

Awesome, that sounds like a plan. I do see the the dorando tweaks in the about:config, nice!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-09-10, 08:04

If you want to use Sync to keep them synchronized you should check if Dorando is prepared for that (Pale Moon Sync will synchronize the preferences indicated in services.sync.prefs.sync.* preferences). If it doesn't have entries for the dorando preferences you can add them yourself, and then that will enable using Sync to keep the installations synchronized when you make dorando changes.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite