Is there any add-on that can filter JSON POSTs sent by Javascript?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

pale guru
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by pale guru » 2023-05-13, 10:27

The situation is that big sites use the pesky Adobe Analytics which has the annoying habit to send lots of “sensor_data” via a random URL in JSON format to the visiting site. µblock and umatrix don't help here.

Even if you block all 3rd party stuff ie. in dhl.de, it will send “sensor_data”. I (still) use HTTP Headers which shows me each request.
… tanning in dimmed LCD light. – Evry 1′s a beginner, baby, that's the truth…

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Is there any add-on that can filter JSON POSTs sent by Javascript?

Unread post by Goodydino » 2023-05-13, 19:15

Can you not add the hostname to your personal blocklist in uBlock Origin ("my filters")? What is the hostname that does these analytics? EasyPrivacy in uBlock Origin seems to be blocking adobe-analytics.

pale guru
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by pale guru » 2023-05-14, 00:27

You don't have any success just blocking Adobe or othere 3rd domain names. This filthy tracking stiff will use any random path name within the original domain, ie.

dhl.com/UjdkdzewN/KlUdD/uduiIDudu

and then post its "semsor_data" stuff.

Of course, you could just add this path to the µblock/umatrix blocklist, but you will have to update that each time the path name changes (which is quite often).

Blocking some .js files does not help, as the code is directly loadeed within the original HTML file.

OK them, seems to be the same race as back in C64 days with copy protection where it just was a new challenge for the cracker scene to break it. lol

Beside from that, it would be interesting to block non-HTML requests to set cookies. I don't know why PNG files need to set cookies at all.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-05-14, 09:53

pale guru wrote:
2023-05-14, 00:27
I don't know why PNG files need to set cookies at all.
They don't, but whether cookie set requests are made is entirely up to the web server (set cookie requests can be supplied via HTML response headers) and could be done on any response regardless of content.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

pale guru
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by pale guru » 2023-05-16, 11:35

Well, if the server 'offers' to set cookies, it's up to the browser (or its user) to accept them or throw them away.

Back in the day where Opera browser offered a tool bar you could set a button to get asked for every single cookie. But with cookies set in each file the browsers requests, you would get insane clicking 'accept' or 'deny'.

Having a tool/add-on that does the job automatically via the Content-Type would be fine. Maybe I check if I can do it on my own.

Btw, do you have to you Cloudflare? It says: CF-Cache-Status: EXPIRED on some image files, if that of any interest.

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gepus » 2023-05-16, 13:13

pale guru wrote:
2023-05-16, 11:35
Having a tool/add-on that does the job automatically via the Content-Type would be fine.
Hardly. You'll probably end up not getting the respective content type (e.g. images).