Show password extension question

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Show password extension question

Unread post by ron_1 » 2023-04-16, 14:54

So I installed the extension Show my password. The only way I can get it to work is by hovering the cursor over the password field after having already starting to type the password. Is this the way it's supposed to work? And the preference "Show password on context menu click" doesn't seem to do anything at all. (Also, the extension doesn't work at all in Protonmail. I assume that may be normal due to how Protonmail works??)

What I really want is something that will show the password automatically without any hovering or clicking. I'm gathering that this extension doesn't do this.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Show password extension question

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-04-16, 17:19

ron_1 wrote:
2023-04-16, 14:54
What I really want is something that will show the password automatically without any hovering or clicking. I'm gathering that this extension doesn't do this.
No, it doesn't.
It only shows passwords on hover on standard password fields (protonmail probably doesn't use one? not sure what other field they would use instead though) once they are filled in (automatic filling is disabled by default in Pale Moon because it's a considerable risk of exploitation due to password stealing scripts). The hovering is a basic security consideration for a viewable screen and I don't think the extension allows you to basically completely remove all masking from password fields.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite