More Sticky Password drama

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

dfleiss
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

More Sticky Password drama

Unread post by dfleiss » 2022-11-02, 14:21

Yesterday's Pale Moon update seems to have "upset" Sticky Agent. When I click on the toolbar button for Sticky Agent, it's unresponsive (it used to offer choices like allowing me to open the password manager or select which user ID to use to log into a website if I have more than one).

When I open the Add-ons Manager, the only option next to the Sticky Agent add-on is "Disable". To be honest, I'm not sure whether there used to be other options there, but most add-ons have "Options" and "Remove" as well as "Disable".

I guess it's time for me to bite the bullet and find a new password manager.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: More Sticky Password drama

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-11-02, 15:57

dfleiss wrote:
2022-11-02, 14:21
I guess it's time for me to bite the bullet and find a new password manager.
Give the internal password manager a try.
it will also give you a one-click selection which credentials to use if you click on the username or password field for logins if you've stored more than one.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

dfleiss
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by dfleiss » 2022-11-02, 19:05

I used the internal password manager in the past, and it's great. I use a third-party password manager because I can't access the passwords when I need them on my phone.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-11-02, 23:22

dfleiss wrote:
2022-11-02, 19:05
I use a third-party password manager because I can't access the passwords when I need them on my phone.
I use Bitwarden myself. Since I had already been using PM's built in password manager, I took the time to manually add entries for the ones that were already here.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

dfleiss
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by dfleiss » 2022-11-09, 05:25

moonbat wrote:
2022-11-02, 23:22
I use Bitwarden myself. Since I had already been using PM's built in password manager, I took the time to manually add entries for the ones that were already here.
Sorry for the delay in responding. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.