can we play flash games 100%?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

no se
New to the forum
New to the forum

can we play flash games 100%?

Unread post by no se » 2022-08-28, 20:16

hello, I had the Ruffle extension in my chrome browser, it was to be able to play flash games, but in some, it appeared "this content contains actionscript 3 which is not yet supported", so I searched more for that error and here: https://www.reddit.com/r/flash/comments/kxtpz8/flashplayer_alternative_that_supports/ I have solved it, I can now play all the Hoshi saga games, but it turns out that on this page www.pipoclub.com (in Spanish, because on the site of English doesn't load) old games don't work, I mean, in Chrome it shows that flash is not activated, but in pale moon browser it stays purple, I just want to make sure that all flash games work correctly, any solution?

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: can we play flash games 100%?

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-08-28, 22:01

Yeah, Flash games should work in Pale Moon, especially on Windows. There are some issues on newer versions of Linux, but that's only because newer glibc doesn't always play nice with Flash and Pale Moon (though even then it really depends on what GPU drivers you're using).
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Mæstro » 2022-08-29, 00:15

Which drivers are these? Flash for Linux works mostly with my computer; Amorphous+ has been a late favourite. Most troublesome games I could hitherto find have been those, like The Space Game, where the game itself was hosted by a third party which no longer exists. One game with local hosting that fails for me is Splitter 2, which renders for me as a white blank.
Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-08-29, 00:50

TheRealMaestro wrote:
2022-08-29, 00:15
Which drivers are these? Flash for Linux works mostly with my computer; Amorphous+ has been a late favourite. Most troublesome games I could hitherto find have been those, like The Space Game, where the game itself was hosted by a third party which no longer exists. One game with local hosting that fails for me is Splitter 2, which renders for me as a white blank.
Off-topic:
So far, in my testing, Flash for Linux seems to work fine with open source drivers like nouveau and i915, even on the newest versions of glibc. But the binary drivers from nVidia and (according to others, I don't own a Radeon) apparently the drivers used for Radeon cards don't seem to work.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Mæstro » 2022-08-30, 02:26

Off-topic:
My computer uses the Radeon HD 7640G. Do the linked games work with you? I have always assumed broken games are due to sites deleting their Flash files or general link rot, I would like to tell the cause properly.
Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-08-30, 04:50

TheRealMaestro wrote:
2022-08-30, 02:26
Off-topic:
My computer uses the Radeon HD 7640G. Do the linked games work with you? I have always assumed broken games are due to sites deleting their Flash files or general link rot, I would like to tell the cause properly.
Off-topic:
Your system isn't having the problem, the games you linked that you said have issues don't work even on Windows. If you were having the type of problem I'm worried about, you would not even get a white screen or an error message, Flash just wouldn't load up at all on any site. From what I can tell, it starts with Glibc 2.34, so as long as you stay on a lower version you should be fine. There might be a way to patch the binaries so they work, but I haven't had good luck with patchelf so far.