uBlock Origin Update? Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

uBlock Origin Update?

Unread post by fatboy » 2022-08-18, 14:51

Good Day folks,

Just the other day I was downloading uBlock Origin for Basilisk and was wondering when it will get an update? I know JustOff is the maintainer for uBlock but got banished to the realms of hell after some questionable behaviour? Can't exactly remember what is was? Anyway, was just curious.
I would prefer using ABL, but as we know, YouTube can bypass it and serve ads.

Thanks,
fatboy
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: uBlock Origin Update?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-08-18, 15:43

fatboy wrote:
2022-08-18, 14:51
got banished to the realms of hell after some questionable behaviour?
No, he was the one who decided to take his stuff and leave after a disagreement. The questionable behaviour happened after that decision, and centred around how he tried to transition his extension users off of the add-ons site through a hidden and unadvertised migration through automatic updates. He didn't get "banished to the realms of hell", but of course we were non-plussed about him taking a good chunk of our then still much smaller collection of add-ons and migrating away since it really didn't do anything to help anyone - ultimately that was his call though.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

andyprough
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by andyprough » 2022-08-18, 16:29

fatboy wrote:
2022-08-18, 14:51
Just the other day I was downloading uBlock Origin for Basilisk and was wondering when it will get an update?
There's been some git commits and bug fixes if you go back to late 2021, and I wrote a short tutorial for anyone wanting to build the latest git version to grab those changes: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=28149

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2022-08-18, 19:51

Moonchild wrote:
2022-08-18, 15:43

No, he was the one who decided to take his stuff and leave after a disagreement. The questionable behaviour happened after that decision, and centred around how he tried to transition his extension users off of the add-ons site through a hidden and unadvertised migration through automatic updates. He didn't get "banished to the realms of hell", but of course we were non-plussed about him taking a good chunk of our then still much smaller collection of add-ons and migrating away since it really didn't do anything to help anyone - ultimately that was his call though.
Hi Moonchild,

Thanks for clarifying that. Didn't know he acted in such a way. What a pity.
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2022-08-18, 23:45

JustOff also is in Ukraine, and to my knowledge has not been heard from online since late February.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2022-08-19, 01:34

Off-topic:
Nigaikaze wrote:
2022-08-18, 23:45
JustOff also is in Ukraine, and to my knowledge has not been heard from online since late February.
Cheese & Crackers. I do hope he and his family are safe. :|
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'