turn off the lights extension?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

kalepf22
Moongazer
Moongazer

turn off the lights extension?

Unread post by kalepf22 » 2022-07-05, 16:06

So, I don't like dark modes to my browsers or on youtube, but I could definitely use one when reading comics so I found this extension that's only available for iew chrome iew.
Is there anything similar that I can use on PM, being able only to tweak it to work on webtoon site? https://www.turnoffthelights.com/suppor ... asy-steps/

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: turn off the lights extension?

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2022-07-05, 16:50

:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-07-07, 04:51

And if you want to automate it based on time of day, use it in conjunction with AutoPageColor.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-07-07, 09:51

moonbat wrote:
2022-07-07, 04:51
And if you want to automate it based on time of day, use it in conjunction with AutoPageColor.
Off-topic:
I've got a question.

After clicking on the link which you provided, it leads to your extension which you created.

Version 1.3 was updated by you on May 9th, 2022. But did you inadvertently forget to update the Compatibility since it says it is for versions "29.2 to 29"? And the version numbers, reading from left to right, are going backwards and not forwards in version numbers.

I know this is a small detail, but I'm real careful in what extensions I download to use in Pale Moon so it does not create problems for me.

Since Pale Moon is now in version 31, this could be the reason why some users have not tried it thinking the Compatibility is only for the "old and outdated" 29 series versions for Pale Moon.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-07-07, 21:43

Night Wing wrote:
2022-07-07, 09:51
Since Pale Moon is now in version 31, this could be the reason why some users have not tried it thinking the Compatibility is only for the "old and outdated" 29 series versions for Pale Moon.
That only matters if strict compatibility checking is enabled by the extension, which it isn't in this case. So it is valid for all versions later than 29.2. There's several older extensions that were targeted at previous versions of PM that work fine even now because unlike the competition that adds breaking changes every fortnight, this browser is a mature and stable platform that doesn't add change for its own sake.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX