I have two new extensions that are unreviewed after quite some time

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

noobsoftware
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

I have two new extensions that are unreviewed after quite some time

Unread post by noobsoftware » 2022-06-26, 08:37

Just wondering if this is an oversight or just because the reviewers are to busy?

Two new extensions are:

ColorTabs (similar to color-my-tabs) and Noob Music as an extension.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: I have two new extensions that are unreviewed after quite some time

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-06-27, 05:23

If you are publishing a new extension, best to create a thread here announcing it, else there are no notifications sent when someone posts an extension for review. I had a quick glance at the submission for color tabs - one thing I can suggest is update em:homepageURL in install.rdf with your extension homepage so that a link to it will appear in the browser's addon manager entry. If you don't have a separate homepage, just create a thread here for support and use that.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

noobsoftware
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by noobsoftware » 2022-06-27, 09:04

I have added the homepageurl tag to both submissions. Both extensions should be ready for review.

For those who don't know Noob Music is also a standalone application i have for macOS available at noob.software but it can also be used as an extension in Pale Moon, Nightlizard or White Star. And ColorTabs is similar to color-my-tabs except it captures gradients used on pages as well as using the favicon.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2022-06-27, 09:30

NoobMusic doesn't seem to work properly on Windows, at least on my end.
  • I tried it with both a sizeable music library and a folder containing a single album. It refuses to play anything (or I might be doing something wrong, either way it's not user-friendly). After it saw all the music files, I tried clicking on the play button and seeking but nothing happens aside from the display changing to the music's file name - null - null. The error console doesn't provide anything useful aside from your extension emitting ready and 0
  • It doesn't seem to be able to read M4A files, only MP3 ones, although the browser supports the format.
  • Missing window controls - the NoobMusic window is not resizable or moveable.
  • EDIT: one more thing - for some reason, it modifies the app menu's text color, probably unintended.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2022-06-27, 09:53

ColorTabs:
  • Works fine for the most part. You might want to consider modifying .tabbrowser-tab directly so that it changes the background of the entire tab and not only the icon-label area.
  • Code cleanup:
    • Remove .DS_STORE, __MACOSX, and other files and folders generated by your environment/operating system.
    • Remove chrome.manifest.flat - seems to be unused.
    • Remove defaults folder - seems to be unused as well. This is only useful if your extension has default preferences.
Regarding the review process: while I do check the Phoebus Panel from time to time, I think it would be better if you would also send us both a private message (this was the case pre-Phoebus). That way, we'd be notified via email as well since I'm more likely to see it that way.

Off-topic:
I should probably update the add-ons page on the developer wiki to reflect this policy OR better yet, work on making Phoebus send email notifications on newly-submitted add-ons.

noobsoftware
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by noobsoftware » 2022-06-27, 10:48

Thanks for your response, i will test and fix Noob Music on windows, and fix color tabs so it colors the entire tab, as well as removing unnecessary files. But to play a song in Noob music you have to click once (single click) on the leftmost column (which changes to a checkmark when the song is played) because i couldn't figure out how to override the default behavior of editing the field of the column by double clicking. But it of course shouldn't result in a null value.

I will send you both a pm when the fixes are completed.

noobsoftware
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by noobsoftware » 2022-06-27, 15:49

hujan86
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by hujan86 » 2022-07-01, 03:02

noobsoftware wrote:
2022-06-27, 15:49
ColorTabs is now available: https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/colortabs/
:thumbup: This work rather decent in distinguishing tabs on PM with Dark Moon theme applied.
Avatar's Source: yereverluvinuncleber