Tabkit2 sidebar 'glued' to Palemoon's side by side

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

amiti

Tabkit2 sidebar 'glued' to Palemoon's side by side

Unread post by amiti » 2022-06-04, 09:16

Operating system: Windows 8.1
Browser version: 31
32-bit or 64-bit browser?: 64-bit

Hello,
I try to migrate from Basilisk browser to Palemoon by copying the Basilisk profile to Palemoon.
I am facing a problem though with tabkit2 addon, even after replacing the old addon version with Palemoon's.
I want Palemoon's sidebar (bookmarks/history ect') to stay on the left and move tabkit's vertical tabs list to the right. When setting tabkit's option to move it to the right, both sidebars move together to the right - side by side.

Is there a way to separate Tabkit's sidebar and Palemoon's to the opposite sides of the browser?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Tabkit2 sidebar 'glued' to Palemoon's side by side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-06-04, 10:55

Transferring profiles from one browser to a different browser can cause problems. Speaking just for myself to avoid problems, I "never" transfer a profile from one browser to a different browser.

Instead of transferring an "old" profile from Basilisk to Pale Moon, have you tried creating a "clean new" profile in Pale Moon, without any "stuff" from Basilisk and then trying the extension you want to see if the extension works?
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

amiti

Unread post by amiti » 2022-06-04, 19:30

This behavior happens with a new clean profile too.

I have used tabkit2 for many years with different browsers and this is the first time the two sidebars (tabkit and bookmarks/history) can't be separated to opposite sides of a browser.

Is this a known limitation? A bug? An intentional behavior?

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2022-06-05, 05:37

I haven't checked the extension's code myself and might be mistaken, but I'm guessing that this has something to do with incorrect version detection, especially if this issue began only recently. TabKit2 might be thinking of Pale Moon 30 and above as having an Australis interface because of the version number, which causes these issues.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-06-05, 08:27

FranklinDM wrote:
2022-06-05, 05:37
TabKit2 might be thinking of Pale Moon 30 and above as having an Australis interface because of the version number, which causes these issues.
I think that's unlikely, because Australis debuted in Firefox 29, in which case Pale Moon 29 would also have been an issue?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

amiti

Unread post by amiti » 2022-06-05, 12:00

I have just tested with clean install of 29.4.6 (64-bit) version and the problem is the same.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2022-06-06, 02:07

FranklinDM wrote:
2022-06-05, 05:37
Pale Moon 30
Sorry about that, I messed the numbers up. That was supposed to be PM 29.