CYS Complete Youtube Saver future?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Wrolf
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

CYS Complete Youtube Saver future?

Unread post by Wrolf » 2022-05-25, 19:51

:wave: Hi from long time user / newly registered poster

Does anybody here know anything about the future for the Carlos Garcia CYS add-on?
Will there be the new reworked version next week, next year, or ever? :coffee:

I ask because the info on the add-on homepage (the only specific info I have been able to find) in january 2022 said what, translated to ordinary english, amounts to:
Dinner will be ready when it's ready. Don't ask.

I may be wrong, but I am beginning to wonder if there is any work going on, or whether the add-on risks being cancelled. Subjectively, from the outside it feels a little like total radio silence.

cheers!

(Happy to see PM 31 alive and kicking :clap: )

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: CYS Complete Youtube Saver future?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-25, 21:04

The only one who can answer those questions is the add-on developer (whom I don't think is active on this forum, but I may be wrong...)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Wrolf
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Wrolf » 2022-05-30, 07:58

It seems we will have to wait until something happens. I don't give it much hope though. :wave:

Wrolf
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Wrolf » 2022-07-14, 10:13

It seems there is still life! There is now an update for July 2022 at http://www.cys-audiovideodownloader.com/ . The very legend:
"Update July 2022: CYS has been disabled on the AMO site as legacy add-ons are no longer compatible with current versions of Firefox. CYS has not been abandoned. We are rewriting the code from scratch, for all three browsers. We will be back soon with a new and improved version. Continue to CYS website here.
We are not responding to tech support emails at this time."

So, for certain values of "hope" here goes: :o Cheers!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-07-14, 10:29

They are rewriting it as a WebExtension then, making it incompatible with Pale Moon.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Wrolf
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Wrolf » 2022-07-14, 10:40

Ouch. ;)

Little update. The page still says "Free Downloader for Firefox, Sea Monkey, and Pale Moon" (which I forgot to post above). If they still mean that, and what it means to them, I suppose we will have to wait to find out until we can communicate with them. :? :)

YAU (yet another update, I'm lazy at reading up on things...) :oops:
At http://www.cys-audiovideodownloader.com/Home.html they say:
"We are rewriting the code from scratch, not just for WebExtensions but for the other browsers as well."
:crazy: :D

So, there may still be hope... Cheers!
Last edited by Wrolf on 2022-07-14, 11:14, edited 2 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-07-14, 10:53

It's predictable if they want to target mainstream browsers. Nothing we can do about it.