Unplug icon not loading on Statusbar on Pm V31.0

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Aviation
Banned user
Banned user

Unplug icon not loading on Statusbar on Pm V31.0

Unread post by Aviation » 2022-05-19, 09:23

With a legacy addon allowing to retrieve many websites videos & download them, called: "Unplug" & still archived in:
github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases/download/2.0.3/ca-archive-2.0.3.xpi

The icon on statusbar disappeared when i updated to Pm 31.0.

Could someone please fix that ? i can send the xpi.

Aviation
Banned user
Banned user

Re: Unplug icon not loading on Statusbar on Pm V31.0

Unread post by Aviation » 2022-05-25, 05:46

Again noone wants to fix that minor issue and another pm update ruined this useful no alternative existing addon

looks like im done for help with it in this forum

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-05-25, 05:55

The forum doesn't condone piracy, which is what video downloader extensions like this enable. If the original video was meant to be downloaded, they would offer a direct link for it.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-25, 07:00

Aviation wrote:
2022-05-25, 05:46
looks like im done for help with it in this forum
Looks like it.

Support for extensions is, now more than ever, the sole responsibility of extension authors and fellow users of the extensions. While this forum is open for support discussions in that respect there is no guarantee you'll get it, especially if the usage of such an extension is considered skirting the law or flat-out breaking it. In the latter case we'll likely ask you to take your requests to other fora or direct extension dev discussions through other channels, that discuss the intended actions, like moonbat has done. This is to keep this place clean and not have the project get into dangerous waters due to user forum action.

If you need a primer about streaming vs. downloading, check out my write-up about it. (found easily with the search terms "streaming downloading copyright")
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite