All of screenshot addons have problems with this site Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

VozFreeAccounts
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

All of screenshot addons have problems with this site

Unread post by VozFreeAccounts » 2022-05-17, 18:31

The site is Voz.vn Vietnamese's largest social network. The site has a news sub forum (F33) that has the tradition of deleting threads randomly. I wanted to save valuable threads before it got deleted. I tried two approach: screenshot to png and save as full html. My other thread deals with save as full html. This thread is about screenshots.

The site is full of annoying ads. Even though UbO Legacy installed and works well, both of Fireshot and SImple Screenshot leave a large empty space at the end of the site. You should try to take a screenshot with these addons yourselves and you will see which large empty space I'm mentioning. The problem is both Firefox's built-in screenshot tool and Chrome's GoFullPage extension has no such large empty space added at the end of the site in the screenshot image. It seems to be the Pale Moon addons' quirks or Pale Moon itself's quirks. Please help.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: All of screenshot addons have problems with this site

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-05-17, 18:59

I'm sorry to hear that none of the add-ons are working properly with that site. You might have to use Firefox for the time being if you want to use a screenshot add-on with that site and not have that issue.

The add-ons are not officially supported by us, so you would really need to report these issues to whoever maintains the add-ons.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

VozFreeAccounts
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by VozFreeAccounts » 2022-05-17, 19:11

Does our forum notify the user when someone posted on his thread? I only see notifications about my threads being approved. It's hard to keep track if my threads being answered or not. I don't see the feature to check for New Posts I see on Xenforo forums either.

VozFreeAccounts
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by VozFreeAccounts » 2022-05-17, 19:14

athenian200 wrote:
2022-05-17, 18:59
I'm sorry to hear that none of the add-ons are working properly with that site. You might have to use Firefox for the time being if you want to use a screenshot add-on with that site and not have that issue.

The add-ons are not officially supported by us, so you would really need to report these issues to whoever maintains the add-ons.
Well. I understand. To what I found is it put many ads in the end of the site. Other browsers fully load the site so UbO did it job to stripped down all ads so we see no ads nor empty space in the screenshot. I don't know if it's the case for Pale Moon or not. If the browser is not fully load the site until I scrolled to the end then it could be the problem.

VozFreeAccounts
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by VozFreeAccounts » 2022-05-17, 19:19

Update: even if I scrolled to the end of the site and take screenshots, the resulted screenshots still have a large empty space at the end of them. Now I'm run out of ideas.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-05-17, 19:25

VozFreeAccounts wrote:
2022-05-17, 19:19
Update: even if I scrolled to the end of the site and take screenshots, the resulted screenshots still have a large empty space at the end of them. Now I'm run out of ideas.
If the screenshot is otherwise fine, though, why not just remove the empty space at the end with an image-editing program?
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

VozFreeAccounts
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by VozFreeAccounts » 2022-05-17, 19:27

athenian200 wrote:
2022-05-17, 19:25
VozFreeAccounts wrote:
2022-05-17, 19:19
If the screenshot is otherwise fine, though, why not just remove the empty space at the end with an image-editing program?
It will need batch processing. I took many screenshots. Google suggests image magick but I think I'm not willing to deal with cli tools.

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2022-05-17, 19:52

VozFreeAccounts wrote:
2022-05-17, 18:31
The site is Voz.vn Vietnamese's largest social network. The site has a news sub forum (F33) that has the tradition of deleting threads randomly. I wanted to save valuable threads before it got deleted. I tried two approach: screenshot to png and save as full html. My other thread deals with save as full html. This thread is about screenshots.

The site is full of annoying ads. Even though UbO Legacy installed and works well, both of Fireshot and SImple Screenshot leave a large empty space at the end of the site. Please help.
Try a plain ol', regular screenshot. On my laptop, which is a Windows one, this a simple {Fn} {PrntScrn} and then a paste into an image program. You should eventually get what you want (but sometimes you can't :eh: ), w/o relying on add ons although they sometimes make things easier.
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2022-05-17, 20:56

You can try Pale Moon.

1. Press F12
2. To the right, press Toolbox Options
3. Bottom-left, enable "Take a screenshot of the entire page".

A screenshot button will appear (close to the Toolbox Options button). Press it, and a high quality screenshot will be saved to your default download location.
VozFreeAccounts wrote:
You should try to take a screenshot with these addons yourselves and you will see which large empty space I'm mentioning.
That probably means we should first register and interact with a Vietnamese social media website. I think it would be simpler if YOU provided a screenshot.
VozFreeAccounts wrote:
2022-05-17, 19:11
Does our forum notify the user when someone posted on his thread? I only see notifications about my threads being approved. It's hard to keep track if my threads being answered or not. I don't see the feature to check for New Posts I see on Xenforo forums either.
Yes, it does all of that. Be patient, you've only registered today.
Last edited by back2themoon on 2022-05-17, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2022-05-17, 21:08

back2themoon wrote:
2022-05-17, 20:56
You can try Pale Moon ... A screenshot icon will appear (close to the Toolbox Options button). Press it, and a high quality screenshot will be saved to your default download location.
I had to enable the camera button to be displayed, but wow, +1 :clap:
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2022-05-17, 21:26

VozFreeAccounts wrote:
You should try to take a screenshot with these addons yourselves and you will see which large empty space I'm mentioning.
Just tried 3 random threads and Fireshot saved the page without gaps or other problems. On the other hand I'm using eMatrix and didn't see any ads either...

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

andyprough
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by andyprough » 2022-05-17, 21:34

somdcomputerguy wrote:
2022-05-17, 21:08
back2themoon wrote:
2022-05-17, 20:56
You can try Pale Moon ... A screenshot icon will appear (close to the Toolbox Options button). Press it, and a high quality screenshot will be saved to your default download location.
I had to enable the camera button to be displayed, but wow, +1 :clap:
Wow, heck of a nice little tool.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-18, 00:18

Off-topic:
VozFreeAccounts wrote:
2022-05-17, 19:11
At the bottom of the page there is a little button with a spanner. click that and the "subscribe topic" choice to get notifications of threads you've subscribed to.
In your user control panel you have further control whether you just want on-site notifications or if you also want e-mails for subscribed topics.

Of course, if you're using Pale Moon, you can also use the RSS feed option by clicking the orange feed icon in the address bar and picking the desired choice to make a live bookmark.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

VozFreeAccounts
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by VozFreeAccounts » 2022-05-18, 07:23

somdcomputerguy wrote:
2022-05-17, 19:52
VozFreeAccounts wrote:

The site is full of annoying ads. Even though UbO Legacy installed and works well, both of Fireshot and SImple Screenshot leave a large empty space at the end of the site. Please help.
Try a plain ol', regular screenshot. On my laptop, which is a Windows one, this a simple {Fn} {PrntScrn} and then a paste into an image program. You should eventually get what you want (but sometimes you can't :eh: ), w/o relying on add ons although they sometimes make things easier.
The page is long. Doing so only take screenshot of the visible area. I want full page (will resulted in a very long image).

VozFreeAccounts
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by VozFreeAccounts » 2022-05-18, 07:30

Falna wrote:
2022-05-17, 21:26
VozFreeAccounts wrote:
Just tried 3 random threads and Fireshot saved the page without gaps or other problems. On the other hand I'm using eMatrix and didn't see any ads either...
Try this thread: https://voz.vn/t/tong-thong-biden-goi-c ... oc.549039/

The threads I wanted to save is exclusively in this forum section: https://voz.vn/f/diem-bao.33/

VozFreeAccounts
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by VozFreeAccounts » 2022-05-18, 07:33

@back2themoon You do not need to register. It allows you to view the threads as guest. I'm also do not lost my patient :)

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-05-18, 08:19

Well, I don't know about Fireshot, but the camera tool in the F12 Developer Tools that someone mentioned above worked absolutely fine for me. I'm not seeing the added space at the end.

If that winds up solving your problem, perhaps that screenshot tool should be made more prominent since we do have it, rather than hidden away behind a pref in Developer Tools... because I just learned we had it today and I am one of the developers that actually uses the Developer Tools.

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2022-05-18, 12:27

VozFreeAccounts wrote:
2022-05-18, 07:30
Falna wrote:
2022-05-17, 21:26
Try this thread: https://voz.vn/t/tong-thong-biden-goi-c ... oc.549039/
No problem; screenshot of the screenshot below:

FireShot Screen Capture 549039.png

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

VozFreeAccounts
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by VozFreeAccounts » 2022-05-18, 13:02

athenian200 wrote:
2022-05-18, 08:19
If that winds up solving your problem, perhaps that screenshot tool should be made more prominent since we do have it, rather than hidden away behind a pref in Developer Tools... because I just learned we had it today and I am one of the developers that actually uses the Developer Tools.
Writing an addon to leverage this feature? It's not wise to press F12 and go all of these steps again and again on any pages you wanted to save.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2022-05-18, 13:40

VozFreeAccounts wrote:
2022-05-18, 13:02
It's not wise to press F12 and go all of these steps again and again on any pages you wanted to save.
Did you actually try before posting? Because you certainly do NOT need to go through "all the steps again and again".

We offered you an instant solution for your screenshot problem. You are what, 24 hours on this forum and are flirting with disaster already with increasingly rude replies and aggressive behaviour.