Help me install SingleFile Legacy

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

VozFreeAccounts
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Help me install SingleFile Legacy

Unread post by VozFreeAccounts » 2022-05-17, 18:25

It's for ESR 52 so theoretically I think it should work with Pale Moon. It's here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ile-esr-52

I don't see any viable alternatives on the Pale Moon side.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Help me install SingleFile Legacy

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-05-17, 18:36

Firefox 52 had support for WebExtensions, and Pale Moon does not have that support. Therefore, there is no way to get that extension to work in Pale Moon. You would need to find a legacy XUL-based Firefox extension to be able to do that, and those are no longer hosted by Mozilla.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

VozFreeAccounts
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by VozFreeAccounts » 2022-05-17, 18:48

athenian200 wrote:
2022-05-17, 18:36
Firefox 52 had support for WebExtensions, and Pale Moon does not have that support. Therefore, there is no way to get that extension to work in Pale Moon. You would need to find a legacy XUL-based Firefox extension to be able to do that, and those are no longer hosted by Mozilla.
So why does it said it's Legacy? I think Legacy means XUL? If it's so then there is no available options in Pale Moon. I'm still waiting my thread about screenshot addons being approved.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2022-05-17, 20:49

VozFreeAccounts wrote:
2022-05-17, 18:48
So why does it said it's Legacy? I think Legacy means XUL?
"Legacy" can mean anything.
VozFreeAccounts wrote:
I'm still waiting my thread about screenshot addons being approved.
Do you mean the thread below? That's strange, because it looks it's already approved and you've replied several times there. I see that you registered today. Initial posts by new users might need some additional approval time.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=28324

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-18, 00:13

VozFreeAccounts wrote:
So why does it said it's Legacy? I think Legacy means XUL?
Well clicking the "download file" link clearly show you (via the doorhanger) that it couldn't be installed because it's a WebExtension. So legacy obviously doesn't mean it's a XUL extension in this case.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Figueroa
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Figueroa » 2022-05-18, 01:27

Anything and everything currently up on the Firefox addons site is incompatible with Pale Moon. Even old versions of the addons that would have worked with Pale Moon have been removed. Mozilla only left up stuff that are Web Extensions based.

You can try finding earlier versions in the Classic Addons Archive, but I don't see that one there.

VozFreeAccounts
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by VozFreeAccounts » 2022-05-18, 07:27

@All From my own understanding I think this "legacy" addon will be usable on the discontinued Basilisk. It has partial WebExt support. At least it's the build of Serpent by roytam1 I use on Windows XP. I recall I could install WebExt addon but most of them will not work, only very simple one will work. Since this addon targeting 52 ESR and Basilisk is 55 I think it will work as is. Very sad you removed WebExt support from UXP completely.

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2022-05-18, 10:21

@VozFreeAccounts: You might enjoy reading some of 'SingleFile' author Gildas Lormeau's responses to comments Re: saving pages as single HTML files in the discussion below the body of this 2018 Ghacks article about his Addon for Chrome & Firefox here: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/09/03/save- ... r-firefox/

BTW - Assume you have tried just using 'CTRL + S' ... which opens the 'Save Page' window in all major web browsers.

P.S. - The Mozilla Archive Format (MAFF) Addon by Christopher Ottley (creator) and Paolo Amadini (maintainer) might be worth a look too... and is still available in its old pre-WebExt format if you look for it using WayBackMachine or just search online e.g. https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/se ... /versions/... and Lootyhoof has make a fork of MAAF for Pale Moon called MozArchiver here: https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/mozarchiver/